The Student Room Group

Further maths in gap year?

I was wondering if it would be possible for me to get an A in further maths in a year. I'm currently on a gap year and I've already achieved an A in single maths, however I am not sure if there is too much to cover in roughly 7 months? Also am unsure about the reformed maths a level.
Original post by gapyear232
I was wondering if it would be possible for me to get an A in further maths in a year. I'm currently on a gap year and I've already achieved an A in single maths, however I am not sure if there is too much to cover in roughly 7 months? Also am unsure about the reformed maths a level.

There's certainly enough time left.
When you were in Y13, you had to study the content of A2 Maths, A2 second subject, A2 third subject. Which is 3 parts in total.
However, now you're only studying AS Further Maths and A2 Further Maths, which is 2 parts in total. So you're actually doing less work so you'll definitely have enough time to complete it.

You could maybe ask your previous school for help with resources and preparation for the new A-Level :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Infinite Series
There's certainly enough time left.
When you were in Y13, you had to study the content of A2 Maths, A2 second subject, A2 third subject. Which is 3 parts in total.
However, now you're only studying AS Further Maths and A2 Further Maths, which is 2 parts in total. So you're actually doing less work so you'll definitely have enough time to complete it.

You could maybe ask your previous school for help with resources and preparation for the new A-Level :smile:

that's a good point, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest