A really rubbish 16th birthday Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi guys so I'm 16 today and well only one of my friends seemed to car enough to get me a card. I'm not that materialistic (she says, speaking about gifts) but I would have at least liked a card.
I haven't even been wished a happy birthday from one person who turned 16 and because I was sick, I couldn't attend her celebrations yet my mum went round to her house to give her her gift.
The rest of my friends had plans (bowling/sleep-over) that I was invited to but because they originally planned it for yesterday I refused because I wouldn't have hardly seen my parents if I went. They later rescheduled it for tonight. Anyway, a couple of days ago, I suggested just going out for a meal before the plans they had but because it did clash they refused. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't receive anything because (and i quote) 'I'm not doing anything for it'
It's just been a really bad day - when it's their birthdays I know I will have to get them all a card/gift - I don't know why but it's really been on my mind all day. I just feel forgotten really.
Jack22031994
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi guys so I'm 16 today and well only one of my friends seemed to car enough to get me a card. I'm not that materialistic (she says, speaking about gifts) but I would have at least liked a card.
I haven't even been wished a happy birthday from one person who turned 16 and because I was sick, I couldn't attend her celebrations yet my mum went round to her house to give her her gift.
The rest of my friends had plans (bowling/sleep-over) that I was invited to but because they originally planned it for yesterday I refused because I wouldn't have hardly seen my parents if I went. They later rescheduled it for tonight. Anyway, a couple of days ago, I suggested just going out for a meal before the plans they had but because it did clash they refused. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't receive anything because (and i quote) 'I'm not doing anything for it'
It's just been a really bad day - when it's their birthdays I know I will have to get them all a card/gift - I don't know why but it's really been on my mind all day. I just feel forgotten really.
First of all. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :party: :party2:

Sorry that all happened Its nice when people seem to forget your birthday ot you feel forgotten. Ive had it happen to me more than once (18th, 19th, 20th and 21st Birthdays - yeah 4 in a row were rubbish!! )

Just have to try and forget, I know its hard especially as it may seem intentional too (20th, organised a party, people said they were coming to my house (was living at uni at the time), I bought a load of stuff for it drinks, snacks etc whatever, and Only one person turned up),Thank god housemate was having some friends who I knew too over or Id looked silly and just been depressed)

Maybe talk to your friends about how it made you feel etc

But yeah Happy Birthday!!! You can buy a lottery ticket now!

Jack
anon123a
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
sweet 16.. ever seen thatt... americans get rolexs and cars mad mad lifestyle
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Your birthday makes up less than 0.3% of the year.

It's how the year is as a whole that counts. Have you had a good a year? Does the next year look like it'll be a good one?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (352)
30.64%
The paper was reasonable (460)
40.03%
Not feeling great about that exam... (198)
17.23%
It was TERRIBLE (139)
12.1%

Watched Threads