The Student Room Group

period sickness

so my period is starting tomorrow :frown:
for some reason for the past few periods when i wake up in the morning i need to be sick. i don't know why. a few periods ago i spoke to a gp who said i need to exercise etc. which i've been doing and eating a lot more healthier which has fortunately reduced the cramping :smile:

but it's like as soon as i get up and move around for a bit i immediately feel sick. or after i have breakfast i feel sick. and if i'm not sick/gagging at some point during the first day i either feel faint or i'm sick on the second day.
it's so exhausting to deal with. i don't want to waste my gp's time either so i'm not sure what to do about it.

any advice? should i take some painkillers? the cramps are usually quite bad but i can deal with it however the sickness makes me skip school and tuition and it's very inconvenient so plsssss help meeeee girlsss or anyone with medical knowledge idrc im just dreading waking up tomorrow i hate my periods smmm they make me so unhappy
Hi I have similar symptoms too! I get this occasionally on my period then in general life lol.
Firstly get another GP appointment - mine referred me to have a scan and it turns out I have cysts on my ovaries. Also my doctor gave me anti-sickness tablets that I take whenever I need them.
Original post by Anonymous
so my period is starting tomorrow :frown:
for some reason for the past few periods when i wake up in the morning i need to be sick. i don't know why. a few periods ago i spoke to a gp who said i need to exercise etc. which i've been doing and eating a lot more healthier which has fortunately reduced the cramping :smile:

but it's like as soon as i get up and move around for a bit i immediately feel sick. or after i have breakfast i feel sick. and if i'm not sick/gagging at some point during the first day i either feel faint or i'm sick on the second day.
it's so exhausting to deal with. i don't want to waste my gp's time either so i'm not sure what to do about it.

any advice? should i take some painkillers? the cramps are usually quite bad but i can deal with it however the sickness makes me skip school and tuition and it's very inconvenient so plsssss help meeeee girlsss or anyone with medical knowledge idrc im just dreading waking up tomorrow i hate my periods smmm they make me so unhappy

I've had something similar in the past and the pill has fixed all my issues. Speak to your doctor again and ask to try it, it might just change you life like it has mine!
Reply 3
Original post by sarahmichellexo
Hi I have similar symptoms too! I get this occasionally on my period then in general life lol.
Firstly get another GP appointment - mine referred me to have a scan and it turns out I have cysts on my ovaries. Also my doctor gave me anti-sickness tablets that I take whenever I need them.

Original post by DrawTheLine
I've had something similar in the past and the pill has fixed all my issues. Speak to your doctor again and ask to try it, it might just change you life like it has mine!

alright so i'm probably going to have to waste their time then argh ok. not now though... half term is coming up i'll do something then.
sounds magical tbh my periods make me so miserable.
but uh what do i do tomorrow??? i know exactly what'll happen if it starts in the morning :frown:
alright so i'm probably going to have to waste their time then argh ok. not now though... half term is coming up i'll do something then.
sounds magical tbh my periods make me so miserable.
but uh what do i do tomorrow??? i know exactly what'll happen if it starts in the morning :frown:

How are you wasting their time? You have a health problem. They are there to make it better. Make an appointment on Monday.

Try having a cereal bar by your bed and eat it before you get out of bed. Then just get up slowly and take a painkiller. Try not to move too fast or make sudden movements.
Keep your mind off it I know that sounds so stupid but I just stick on a film from the moment I wake up to the moment I go out. Take things slow too - that helps me. Have a hot water bottle and if you have any, eat mints.
Reply 6
Original post by DrawTheLine
How are you wasting their time? You have a health problem. They are there to make it better. Make an appointment on Monday.

Try having a cereal bar by your bed and eat it before you get out of bed. Then just get up slowly and take a painkiller. Try not to move too fast or make sudden movements.

idk i just feel like its not serious enough asdhjkl ok im just making excuses i'll get on with it right away :smile:

thank you for your support i appreciate it that is exactly what i'm going to do now :h:
idk i just feel like its not serious enough asdhjkl ok im just making excuses i'll get on with it right away :smile:

thank you for your support i appreciate it that is exactly what i'm going to do now :h:

No problem :smile: I did things like that and even though it didn't make the issue go away it definitely made it better.
I had experiences really similar! I went on Yasmin pill and it eliminated all of that. I’ve now changed to Mirena IUD, and I’ve found that I’m starting to get nauseous again near the time that I would get a period. Maybe it could be a hormonal imbalance? Speak to your GP 🙂
Wait how do you know your period is going to happen before it happens wth
thanks everyone i mean it all the advice given has been super helpful 💕

Original post by marcog12345
Wait how do you know your period is going to happen before it happens wth

i track my periods??? duh. most people have the app tracker so it reminds them but i just put post it notes on my wall lol.

also i lose my appetite and feel bloated, my emotions go over the place i cry a lot and my body aches indicating that it's coming
Ah ok I’ve never had a period before so I wouldn’t know I’m pretty sure u are a time traveller though

Quick Reply

Latest