The Student Room Group

question to mcdonalds workers

what do you think of people who use the coupons where you can get a meal for £1.99. are you embarrassed for them? do you think they are socially hopeless? does it happen often that people use the coupons or hardly ever?
Surely the question should be- why have you not got a better job?
Original post by Anonymous
what do you think of people who use the coupons where you can get a meal for £1.99. are you embarrassed for them? do you think they are socially hopeless? does it happen often that people use the coupons or hardly ever?

I used to work at mcdonalds.
They can actually only be used at mcdonalds stores that havent got a drive thru (basically the town centre ones). So they couldnt use them at my old store.
Theres nothing wrong with people using them. Its nothing to be ashamed of. Ive used them myself a few times since i left. If people want to get a good deal, then they will.
Original post by DSutch

For the record, theres nothing wrong with working there.
I used to work there myself. Working there stood me in good stead for where i work now.
Original post by Emma:-)
For the record, theres nothing wrong with working there.
I used to work there myself. Working there stood me in good stead for where i work now.

Have you never seen Super Size Me?
Original post by DSutch
Have you never seen Super Size Me?

No i havent.
What has that got to do with working there may i ask?
Reply 6
Original post by DSutch

it's convenient, flexible, easy come easy go - good reasons for a student to work there.
No i havent.
What has that got to do with working there may i ask?

It is a documentary about McDonalds and the impact on health.
Original post by DSutch

To be fair, wasn't it heavily discredited as biased and scientifically didn't tally? It boiled down to, if you eat McD's 3 times a day and don't work out you won't be healthy, plus he's an admitted serial abuser, pretty discredited at this point, several other docu's go out their way to demonstrate he's a liar.

That said I still really wouldn't want to work there, I struggle to see what positives there are, although that would vary from person to person.
Original post by DSutch

What has that got to do with working there?
Just because you work there, doesnt mean you eat the food from there.
Original post by DSutch

its not mcdonalds fault people are willing to go there and eat unhealthy foods.
I used to use these coupons every friday, it saved me a lot of money
What has that got to do with working there?
Just because you work there, doesnt mean you eat the food from there.

Original post by Gent2324
its not mcdonalds fault people are willing to go there and eat unhealthy foods.

If they had to pay staff more or could not get them, prices would rise and some people would go elsewhere. I don't want people dying prematurely or having strokes etc because of their diet.
Original post by DSutch
If they had to pay staff more or could not get them, prices would rise and some people would go elsewhere. I don't want people dying prematurely or having strokes etc because of their diet.

The pay there wasnt bad actually. Ive had worse paying jobs.
I like your concern about peoples diet, but surely its nothing to do with you (unless you are a doctor or someone else in a health profession).
Anyway, whats it got to with the original question about the vouchers?
Original post by DSutch

doubt it, most people are willing to spend all the money they have on unhealthy food. we could discover that an apple a day cures cancer, no one will listen though, people will still eat unhealthy stuff.
The pay there wasnt bad actually. Ive had worse paying jobs.
I like your concern about peoples diet, but surely its nothing to do with you (unless you are a doctor or someone else in a health profession).
Anyway, whats it got to with the original question about the vouchers?

People with a bad diet are more likely to be ill. It takes long enough to be seen by a doctor, I don't want it to be any longer.
Okay but how has this gone from whether people who use the coupons are socially hopeless to how healthy the food there actually is?
Original post by xEmilyxx
Okay but how has this gone from whether people who use the coupons are socially hopeless to how healthy the food there actually is?

Thats what i was asking. Why is one certain poster banging on about the food, the diet etc, when the original question was about the vouchers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending