The Official 2019 Northumbria University Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jamespreston
Name: James Preston
Course: Master in Law (MLaw)
Predicted grades: DDM
Currently studying: OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma

I have an conditional offer and I’m waiting for my last offer to arrive so I can accept it. At what point can I pay for a deposit on a room so I get the room i want? After I receive my results or once I select Northumbria as my firm choice? Also who else is studying MLaw?😎

Hi James,

That sounds so exciting! Congratulations on your offer.

You can apply to accomodation as soon as you firm the university :smile:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Can you confirm the official start date of the MLaw undergraduate course for 2019?
(edited 5 years ago)
Name: Sam
Course: Graphic Design
Predicted Grades: A*AB
Also applying at: University Of Edinburgh, Edinburgh Napier, Dundee and Manchester Met
Currently Studying: Graphic Communication, Photography, Media Studies

I have recently received an interview Northumbria which is on the 29th January and im so nervous!! Any tips?
Original post by samisokaytrustme
Name: Sam
Course: Graphic Design
Predicted Grades: A*AB
Also applying at: University Of Edinburgh, Edinburgh Napier, Dundee and Manchester Met
Currently Studying: Graphic Communication, Photography, Media Studies

I have recently received an interview Northumbria which is on the 29th January and im so nervous!! Any tips?

Hey,

Can i ask why you chose Northumbria?
Did you go to the open day?
Original post by Superdrilles
Hey,

Can i ask why you chose Northumbria?
Did you go to the open day?

Hi!!

I didn’t actually go to an open day i applied as i knew that it was meant to be good for my course and i knew that one of my influencing designers went to the uni and has achieved quite a considerable amount within his career. I was planning on going to an open day but sadly i didnt have enough money to get the train :frown:(

Hope this helps!
Original post by samisokaytrustme
Hi!!

I didn’t actually go to an open day i applied as i knew that it was meant to be good for my course and i knew that one of my influencing designers went to the uni and has achieved quite a considerable amount within his career. I was planning on going to an open day but sadly i didnt have enough money to get the train :frown:(

Hope this helps!

Yeah same :frown:
Train would've cost me £130.
Now i guess i'll have to pay that amount for when i have to go for an interview i guess this may good for the fact that im simply judging it and putting the uni as my first choice for its reputation in my course and the alumni.
Name: Lucy
Course: Combined Honours (History and Politics)
Predicted grades: prefer not to say :smile:
Also applying at: Newcastle, Nottingham, De Montfort, Buckingham.
Currently studying: Biology,History and Politics

I don't think I'll get an offer because my grade in Biology is horrific, and Northumbria have quite high entry requirements. However, I would like to know if they send rejection letters because I don't want to be left waiting. Also, has anyone else applied for this and got an offer- If so how long did it take?
Original post by champion13

I don't think I'll get an offer because my grade in Biology is horrific, and Northumbria have quite high entry requirements. However, I would like to know if they send rejection letters because I don't want to be left waiting. Also, has anyone else applied for this and got an offer- If so how long did it take?

id say within 2 weeks of sending your application
Original post by champion13

I received my offer from Northumbria in just over 24 hours of my application being sent off so I think it varies
Original post by Breeee
Hi Everyone!

never been here so whats the pros and cons to the uni?

Name: shae-leigh
Course: food science
Predicted grades: 37 IB
Also applying at: NTU, LSB, Leeds, Edge Hill U
Currently studying: IB RIP
Hi all!

Now that you have applied to University, it's time to think about accommodation. We’ve launched our new prices for 2019/20 and we’ve got some amazing offers running on our website. You could receive a £150 voucher for referring a friend or get up to a £700* discount for booking with us early.

For more information, please check out our website: https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/newcastle
Name: Dominic BellLocation: NewcastleCourse: HistoryPredicted grades: I will got an unconditional since I've already done my A levelAlso applying at: Did apply to Newcastle but got rejectedCurrently studying: Nothing, technically on a gap year.Essentially I had no choice but to take a gap year due to originally not getting in the course I wanted at Newcastle (combined honours). Yet, I did manage to get on the music course at Newcastle but it wasn't for me as I realised I should've chose history through clearing. I'm excited to go to Northumbria though, I feel like I'm in the right track now. I will be living at home since I believe it to be much cheaper than living accommodation, and I don't think my parents hate me enough to move out yet.
Name: James Preston
Course: Master in Law (MLaw)
Predicted grades: DDM
Currently studying: OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma

I have an conditional offer and I’m waiting for my last offer to arrive so I can accept it. At what point can I pay for a deposit on a room so I get the room i want? After I receive my results or once I select Northumbria as my firm choice? Also who else is studying MLaw?😎

hiiii! I'm also going to be doing the MLaw next year, which accommodation did you choose??
Original post by lauren.18
hiiii! I'm also going to be doing the MLaw next year, which accommodation did you choose??

I put my deposit down for the Trinity Square accommodation, it’s close by to convenient stores and is a quick walk to the main campus so it’s all around great! Have you decided on your accommodation?
I put my deposit down for the Trinity Square accommodation, it’s close by to convenient stores and is a quick walk to the main campus so it’s all around great! Have you decided on your accommodation?

Ah sounds great! I applied for Knoll Court :smile:
Original post by hellosally
Hi, what accommodations are people thinking for the city centre campus starting 2019?? Looking for a more social experience!

Ive booked new bridge street as it’s right near the centre campus . It’s apperntly really good for a social life aswell
Hey! Decided to apply, eager to hear back

Name: Julia
Course: Criminology and Forensic Science
(edited 5 years ago)
Is there a Facebook page or a group chat yet for Northumbria 19/20?
Original post by lauren.18
Ah sounds great! I applied for Knoll Court :smile:

i plan on staying at knoll court too if i get accepted.
hopefully the social life is good there as you can get mixed with 2nd and 3rd years.
Name:Matt
Course: History
Predicted grades: D* D* B B
Also applying at:Lancaster, Leeds, Newcastle, Teeside
Currently studying: IT, Business, History, EPQ

Update: Got a conditional offer of 120 ucas points :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending