The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

The Official 2019 Newcastle University Applicants Thread

Hi Everyone!

This is the official 2019 thread for Newcastle University applicants.

Have any questions? Post them below!

To get started, why not fill in the below to introduce yourself:

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:
Currently studying:

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Breeee

Scroll to see replies

Ah I'm not sure whether to post here yet since I've not actually sent my application off yet but I'm pretty set on applying so:

Name: Medford17
Course: History
Predicted Grades: BBB (Hoping to raise to at least AAB)
Also Applying At: Glasgow, Liverpool
Currently Studying: Maths, Computer Science, History

Not seen too much online regarding history at Newcastle but everything about the uni personally feels right for me. Even if I get my predicted grades rasied I'm still worried about the acceptance criteria since from what I've researched Newcastle base a decision fully off the whole application.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Medford17
Ah I'm not sure whether to post here yet since I've not actually sent my application off yet but I'm pretty set on applying so:

Not seen too much online regarding history at Newcastle but everything about the uni personally feels right for me. Even if I get my predicted grades rasied I'm still worried about the acceptance criteria since from what I've researched Newcastle base a decision fully off the whole application.

Hi there,

It's great to see you're so sure about applying to Newcastle university!

I wouldnt worry so much about getting accepted or not, you never know till you try!

If you're worried about grades, it may be worth applying to a university with a slightly lower grade boundary for entry but if your heart is set on Newcastle, go for it and good luck!
Original post by Breeee
Hi there,

It's great to see you're so sure about applying to Newcastle university!

I wouldnt worry so much about getting accepted or not, you never know till you try!

If you're worried about grades, it may be worth applying to a university with a slightly lower grade boundary for entry but if your heart is set on Newcastle, go for it and good luck!

Ah thanks! I’ve got a backup university ready as well just in case but yeah I really hope firstly I get the offer and secondly make the grades to get in. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Medford17
Ah thanks! I’ve got a backup university ready as well just in case but yeah I really hope firstly I get the offer and secondly make the grades to get in. :smile:

Which is your backup? Glasgow or Liverpool?
Good luck to you!
If you need a hand with anything, just let me know! :smile:
Original post by Breeee
Which is your backup? Glasgow or Liverpool?
Good luck to you!
If you need a hand with anything, just let me know! :smile:

Oops, just realised I don’t think I’ve listed that one yet haha. I’m looking at Bath Spa as my backup which seems a lot more within my current set range. Glasgow and Liverpool are more of alternatives that I’ve liked but not entirely as much as Newcastle.

And thanks a lot!
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi guys, application just got submitted.

Course: Mech Eng and Mech Eng with mechatronics
Predicted grades: A*A*A*
Also applying at: Imperial College, Southampton and either Birmingham or Northumbria (haven't used 5th choice)
Currently studying: Physics, Maths, Electronics, EPQ

UPDATE: Offer Recieved 😄😄😄
(edited 5 years ago)
(Original post by Medford17)Ah I'm not sure whether to post here yet since I've not actually sent my application off yet but I'm pretty set on applying so:

Hi! i am applying for Newcastle also but I am applying for Chemistry. Have you considered partaking in Newcastle University's Partners Programme? It cannot get sent off until your UCAS form is sent off however doing the programme you can get a reduced offer. may put the stress off a little bit. A few of my friends have done it last year and they said it is great and really helpful. Hope this helps!
- Good Luck!
Reply 8
Original post by smiffylauren77
Hi guys, application just got submitted.

Course: Mech Eng and Mech Eng with Nuclear
Predicted grades: A*A*A*
Also applying at: Imperial College, Southampton and either Birmingham or Northumbria (haven't used 5th choice)
Currently studying: Physics, Maths, Electronics, EPQ

Good luck with your application!

If you need a hand with anything just let me know :smile:
Haven't sent off my application yet as my school tutor is still sorting my personal statement (feedback), just he is takes aaageesss and it is quite annoying but meh.
Name: Shannon
Course: Chemistry with year in industry - potentially integrated Master's.
Predicted grades: ABC/ABB. teachers are still deciding.
Also applying at: Northumbria University, not sure where else yet as I wanna stay local.
Currently studying: Chemistry, Physics, Biology (and EPQ).
Name: Anya
Course: journalism, media and culture
Predicted grades: BBB but need AAB for my course
Also applying at: Brighton, Leeds Beckett and Cardiff
Currently studying: Sociology, History and English language
Reply 11
Original post by xshannon_heslopx
Haven't sent off my application yet as my school tutor is still sorting my personal statement (feedback), just he is takes aaageesss and it is quite annoying but meh.
Name: Shannon
Course: Chemistry with year in industry - potentially integrated Master's.
Predicted grades: ABC/ABB. teachers are still deciding.
Also applying at: Northumbria University, not sure where else yet as I wanna stay local.
Currently studying: Chemistry, Physics, Biology (and EPQ).

Hi Shannon!

That sounds like an exciting choice!

I stayed local too and I'm really glad I did!

Good luck with your application and if you need help with anything just let me know :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Anyasmith16
Name: Anya
Course: journalism, media and culture
Predicted grades: BBB but need AAB for my course
Also applying at: Brighton, Leeds Beckett and Cardiff
Currently studying: Sociology, History and English language

Hi there Anya!

Good luck with your application. If you need a hand with anything, just let me know :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Breeee
Hi Everyone!

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:
Currently studying:

Breeee

hi everyone!! i'm an american student who applied yesterday for Modern Languages, Translation and Interpretation & got a conditional offer today! i'm beyond ecstatic and i hope you all get in too <3
Original post by jmrami
hi everyone!! i'm an american student who applied yesterday for Modern Languages, Translation and Interpretation & got a conditional offer today! i'm beyond ecstatic and i hope you all get in too <3

Wow, congratulations! I must say, they were quite quick in sending you the offer!
Reply 15
Original post by jmrami

Congratulations!

Have you started looking at accommodation yet?
Hi there,

It's great to hear you all have Newcastle University as one of your choices.
Have you thought about accommodation? You do not need to go through the university, there are lots of private accommodation options. Take a look at Student Roost Newcastle - https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/newcastle

We have 3 sites in Newcastle city centre, shared flats and private studios, where we offer a fun and thriving social calendar, great facilities and helpful staff. All bills are included in the weekly price.

Contact us to discuss more and find out about our booking process:smile:

Thanks, Tegan
Original post by Breeee
Hi Everyone!

Name:
Predicted grades:
Also applying at:
Currently studying:

Breeee

Application sent. Got my heart set on Newcastle. :smile:

name: mary
course: law
predicted grades: AAAA
also applying at: Northumbria, Leicester, York
currently studying: Law, Psychology, Sociology and Latin
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by marybayo
Application sent. Got my heart set on Newcastle. :smile:

name: mary
course: law
predicted grades: AAAA
also applying at: Northumbria, Leicester, York
currently studying: Law, Psychology, Sociology and Latin

Hi Mary,

Great to see you have your heart set on newcastle!

Good luck on your application and if you need a hand with anything just give me a shout :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by seasoncolors
Wow, congratulations! I must say, they were quite quick in sending you the offer!

i know right!! since i'm not from the uk i felt like i was going to get rejections from all my unis, but thos felt so good!

Quick Reply