The Student Room Group
Doubt you can change it now :/

What do you mean you 'declared'? like you wrote in the details of your offences or you just worte the word declared? If you already have a record you really should know what the isues with it are going to be.
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
Doubt you can change it now :/

What do you mean you 'declared'? like you wrote in the details of your offences or you just worte the word declared? If you already have a record you really should know what the issues with it are going to be.

I don't have any convictions, when applying for my choices I chose declared thinking it meant declaring you have no criminal convictions. Can UCAS change it you think or will I have to ring up the universities?
Original post by hamzahr00
I don't have any convictions, when applying for my choices I chose declared thinking it meant declaring you have no criminal convictions. Can UCAS change it you think or will I have to ring up the universities?

Oh, in that case deffo contact them, neither will be able to change it without your say so, it's literally a signed legal declaration. I'd expect your application to be blocked until it's resolved, when you have to declare on an application it generally means you've committed crimes recently or you've committed serious ones that never count as 'spent'. For some things you need to declare everything and I suspect medicine is one of them.

I get that it's been a mistake, but do you understand that it looks really suspicious to effectively write on a form 'I have a criminal record' and then score it out and say you don't? that alone will likely raise some investigation. :/

I'd def contact UCAS first and see what they say or advise, then yr uni if required, but it is a big deal so chase it up.
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
Oh, in that case deffo contact them, neither will be able to change it without your say so, it's literally a signed legal declaration. I'd expect your application to be blocked until it's resolved, when you have to declare on an application it generally means you've committed crimes recently or you've committed serious ones that never count as 'spent'. For some things you need to declare everything and I suspect medicine is one of them.

I get that it's been a mistake, but do you understand that it looks really suspicious to effectively write on a form 'I have a criminal record' and then score it out and say you don't? that alone will likely raise some investigation. :/

I'd def contact UCAS first and see what they say or advise, then yr uni if required, but it is a big deal so chase it up.

Thanks for reply, I’ve messaged UCAS and my teachers at school so hopefully I’ll get a response today or tomorrow and I’ll probably ring up UCAS tomorrow about the matter since their lines are closed rn. Yeah I just hope this doesn’t effect their decisions.
Reply 5
Thanks for reply, I’ve messaged UCAS and my teachers at school so hopefully I’ll get a response today or tomorrow and I’ll probably ring up UCAS tomorrow about the matter since their lines are closed rn. Yeah I just hope this doesn’t effect their decisions.

Happened to me too what did UCAS day?
Reply 6
Original post by ibs00786
Happened to me too what did UCAS day?

Had to email my unis admissions but ring UCAS just to see if they can do anything first
Reply 7
When I called ucas they said they can’t do anything
Reply 8
Original post by ibs00786
When I called ucas they said they can’t do anything

Email the unis u applied to just saying it was a mistake and if they can make a note that ur acc not a criminal
Had to email my unis admissions but ring UCAS just to see if they can do anything first

Didn't your school notice when they checked it?
Reply 10
Original post by Muttley79
Didn't your school notice when they checked it?

Somehow they didn't, which really annoyed me but it is my own fault tbf

Yes but it should have been picked up by your referee ...
*shrug* referee might not have known it wasn't accurate, and that's more the sort of Q's that are tied to home/family life, schools might not be able to pry directly.

Did it change to undeclared on UCAS track??

was the uni able to change it?
Original post by Oghieghie
was the uni able to change it?

the OP was over four years ago and that user hasn't been online for over three, so doubt they will reply now.
Original post by bamtutor
the OP was over four years ago and that user hasn't been online for over three, so doubt they will reply now.

do you have any answers then?
Ive already emailed my unis, I'm just waiting for their reply.
Original post by Oghieghie
do you have any answers then?
Ive already emailed my unis, I'm just waiting for their reply.

You'll be fine. The box gets incorrectly ticked by loads of people every year.

If it was important for the course, the unis would contact you to check whether it was an error in any case.

Latest

Trending

Trending