2019 HKU Dentistry Watch

Maxinehe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by surewin)
I just had an intuition that my responses could not keep the interviewers satisfied (as compared with the interview I had with other universities). But HKU BDS is my dream. I really hope I can have a conditional offer (although it may not be easy to fulfill the CO requirement, which I guess 44 out of 45 for IB?) Does anyone know what a typical IB conditional offer requirement is? IB 43 or 44?
You did better than you think ! HKU is also my dream !!
surewin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
did you guys check the application status today?
there's NO more "under consideration" but "withdraw" on the right column (with the left column listing BDS) in my case.
any implications? gonna be rejected? that's why "under consideration" has been removed
Lucja
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’ve got the same 😓
yuki1201
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
did you guys check the application status today?
there's NO more "under consideration" but "withdraw" on the right column (with the left column listing BDS) in my case.
any implications? gonna be rejected? that's why "under consideration" has been removed
same...got so nervous
iwantinfo
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Other subjects like social sciences for HKU have already given out offers; I heard that some people who applied to HKU medicine have already received conditional offers of 44 --- any news for dentistry?
surewin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, I also heard there HKU applicants of Medicine have already got the conditional offers (IB 44).
I am still waiting for BDS... The application status is still "Withdraw" shown on the portal.
Maxinehe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Although we are unable to offer you admission to the BDS programme at HKU under the main round, I am pleased to inform you that the Faculty Admissions Committee suggested that your application be put on the wait list which may be re-considered between July and August 2019. You may check your application status online in August 2019 for any updates on the outcome. In the meantime, your status will remain “Under consideration”.
I just got this from HKU
Tinnieteal
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Any ideas about the interview preparation? Please share.
Mine is a group interview. There's not much you can prepare for. Basically you get an article about a familiar topic (mine is about short-form videos on social media), read it and write an analyzing article within 20 minutes. And then you discuss about this topic with other applicants (around 8 people). 2 professors will be there and listen to your discussion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (224)
59.73%
No (151)
40.27%

Watched Threads