The Student Room Group

Don’t want to go to prom

Hi

So I have been doing a lot of thinking and I don’t think I want to go to prom .

Firstly , I have been treated really badly by my school regarding my health and they give me no support with it .

Secondly , the school as a whole is a terrible place to be . They put at lot of pressure on us for results in exams and stress me and everyone else out so much.

Lastly, they constantly threaten that if we don’t do certain things we won’t be able to come . It is stupid things like filling in ‘character booklets’ . This is there way of forcing us to be and act a certain way .

Most my friends don’t care about prom and don’t want to go but I have one friend who is trying to pressure me into going and that it will be different to being at school.

Anyway I’m basically asking who did or didn’t go to prom and did you regret it ?

Xx
Reply 1
I didn't go to prom due to anxiety and lack of interest and tbh I didn't regret it, my sister told me that although it was fun it wasn't as awesome as most people made it out to be so I don't think you'll regret it too much, I think the people who you go with is what makes prom special so if most of your friends aren't going then will you actually have a good time? Though that's just my experience/opinion and ultimately you should just do what feels right
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

So I have been doing a lot of thinking and I don’t think I want to go to prom .

Firstly , I have been treated really badly by my school regarding my health and they give me no support with it .

Secondly , the school as a whole is a terrible place to be . They put at lot of pressure on us for results in exams and stress me and everyone else out so much.

Lastly, they constantly threaten that if we don’t do certain things we won’t be able to come . It is stupid things like filling in ‘character booklets’ . This is there way of forcing us to be and act a certain way .

Most my friends don’t care about prom and don’t want to go but I have one friend who is trying to pressure me into going and that it will be different to being at school.

Anyway I’m basically asking who did or didn’t go to prom and did you regret it ?

Xx

I went to my year 11 one and regretted it because it was so dull. I didn't go to my year 13 one and do not regret it at all.
ngl the only good part of prom was getting ready! i genuinely thought the whole thing was quite a let down, and especially as in year 11 we weren't allowed to drink it was even more boring. i don't think you would regret it if you didn't go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending