EriksVil
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Good evening!
I am a student from Latvia. I applied to universities with UCAS system already last year, but I did not get into my first choice (Cambridge) and decided not to go to my reserve choice and started studies in Latvia.
This year I want to try to apply to Cambridge again. However, I have to write new personal statement. And I was wondering — will UCAS Similarity Detection Service detect similarities between my old statement and new one? Because I was wondering whether I can use my old statement and update it with newer details and correct some things or will it cause extra problems for me.
Best regards,
Ēriks
ryan__lai__
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EriksVil)
Good evening!
I am a student from Latvia. I applied to universities with UCAS system already last year, but I did not get into my first choice (Cambridge) and decided not to go to my reserve choice and started studies in Latvia.
This year I want to try to apply to Cambridge again. However, I have to write new personal statement. And I was wondering — will UCAS Similarity Detection Service detect similarities between my old statement and new one? Because I was wondering whether I can use my old statement and update it with newer details and correct some things or will it cause extra problems for me.
Best regards,
Ēriks
I heard if you use your old personal statement from the year before it shouldn't create any problems as the similarity detector will recognise that both personal statements were from the same person, but check with others to be sure.
Dizgurl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No, UCAS don't compare you're personal statement to your own previous ones. Hence some people reapply with very similar personal statements to the one they used the year before.
EriksVil
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you guys!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.23%
I'm not sure (8)
2.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.11%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.32%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.7%

Watched Threads