Tate00's GYG take 2 - trying to survive A-levels Watch

Tate00
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
2 - Stuck in Mediocracy

Yep, I decided the weekly format was too much effort (yes, I’m VERY lazy :lol:), so I just decided to update when I can be bothered (hopefully 2-3 times a week). Hopefully this means that well mean my posts are more engaging.

Anyway, this week has been pretty decent so far. Nothing really happened on Monday, but I did (finally) do the economics test I was meant to do 2 weeks ago. As I did when everyone else was getting the results I got my results today, and I’m pretty happy with them (I got an A). I was putting off doing it because I was scared I was gonna flop, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. :rave:

On Tuesday, I had maths and DT, and my DT lesson made me realise how behind I am. I’ve seen what I need to do before November, and I’m terrified that I won’t be able to complete everything on time. I wish I wasn’t as complacent in year 12 and took my coursework more serious. I was NOT serious last year and I’m deffo starting to regret it. I also went to the gym after school and boy, that class KILLED ME!!!!! I literally felt sick afterwards.

Today, I only had economics (with both of my teachers). I spent my frees in the morning making revision cards for a 25-mark essay I had to do for one of my lessons (business growth). Of course, the part that I didn’t get to had to be the topic of the question. Despite that, I think I did quite decent. Like, I had 3 solid points and didn’t feel like I was bullsh*tting at any point (this usually happens since I’m horrible at essays).

So currently I have quite a few things to do today, like rendering my ideas for my DT coursework (lowkey using this as a means to procrastinate :dontknow:), finishing the previously mentioned revision cards, and some general errands.

Hopefully this post is more digestible,
Bye peeps! :hi:

nyxnko_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
prsom! glad this week has been going well so far :yes:
don't push yourself too hard at the gym
Tate00
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
prsom! glad this week has been going well so far :yes:
don't push yourself too hard at the gym
Thanks :hugs:! I deffo wont push myself too hard next time, I probs wont go to that class again until I'm more fit :lol:
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Tate00)
Thanks :hugs:! I deffo wont push myself too hard next time, I probs wont go to that class again until I'm more fit :lol:
:hugs:
Good :thumbsup: By the time you're fit enough, that class will probably be a breeze!
Tate00
Rep:
?
A Kinda-sorta Update – Welcome to Half Term!

I’m gonna start this post by being upfront, I haven’t done any work since my last post. Part of it is due to not being in school on the last day of term due to feeling ill, the other part is because of lack of motivation. Because of this, I’ve decided to take a break from work this weekend. :eek3:

So today I decided to list out everything I wanna achieve this half term and then from there make a daily to-do list. I’ve made sure to factor in daily life such as going out (especially since I have no reason since I booked the week off from work) and activities for my well-being. Since I’ve started doing to do lists, I feel like I’ve been much more productive and have been procrastinating less. It’s still not 100% effective but at least I’ve somewhat gotten out of the habit of sitting around doing nothing. I feel like other methods (like a schedule or timetable) haven’t worked for me because I hate rigidity and having to do something at a specific time or else. I feel like if I don’t complete a task on time I just give up. Now I can list the things I need to do so that I am organised, while having the freedom to complete the tasks in my own time. I’ve also made sure to try to complete everything by Saturday, so I’m not doing any work on my birthday (28/10) :woohoo:

Well, now I’m starting to ramble on. Bye bye fellow GYG peeps!

nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
good luck with your to-do list and glad you've found a way that works for you
Tate00
Rep:
?
Not very productive, feeling deflated

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I haven’t done nearly as much work as I would’ve liked in the past 2 weeks and didn’t want to share anything. But then I remembered this blog is here to show the ups AND the downs so… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A quick summary:
Last Sunday, I finally turned 18 :woo:! I didn’t do much to celebrate, just had a little family gathering. I was supposed to do a lot of revision in the half term – that didn’t happen, oops. On the bright side, I did get quite a bit of my DT coursework done, still behind though. This week, I was ill for about half of the week, so wasn’t super productive then. It wasn’t the best situation, as I had a maths test on Thursday (the topic was all of trigonometry), and I didn’t revise as much as I wanted to. As a result, I don’t think I performed to the best of my abilities in the test. Also, on the same day, I had my last ever parents evening (so gassed about that).I got the typical comments I usually get – I’m always in the middle ground, no teachers are ever worried, but I don’t get high praise either. Overall, it was pretty mediocre, and a waste of my time (as per usual)

Anyway, I’m gonna leave this post at here, not much has been happening, I did lose motivation a little bit. However, I feel like I’ve gained it back for now, which is great since I have mocks in 4 weeks.
Toodles! :dancing:

If you wanna be added just shout @ me!
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Happy belated birthday!! :party2:
Hope you're feeling better now being sick isn't fun...
Tate00
Rep:
?
Happy belated birthday!! :party2:
Hope you're feeling better now being sick isn't fun...
Thanks hun, yeah I'm feeling much better now, still got a bit of a cough, so I'm 90% there x
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thanks hun, yeah I'm feeling much better now, still got a bit of a cough, so I'm 90% there x
Well, you'll be 100% soon!! :woo: :hugs:
Tate00
Rep:
?
Slowly but surely getting more productive

Welcome to another GYG update! This week hasn't been great, but it hasn't been terrible either. Overall, I've been attempting to complete my DT coursework and have been making quite good progress. Unfortunately, that's meant I haven't done as much revision for my mocks which are coming up, and I only have a month left! So I'm lowkey stressed about that. Anyway, here's a quick rundown of my week.

Monday was quite non-eventful, I had DT and Economics. I usually go home for my frees at the beginning of lunch, but I decided to stay until the end of lunch to try to get my coursework done. I did manage to do quite a bit, fortunately, but I still have sooo much to do.

Tuesday I got the results back for my trigonometry test and, as I thought, I greatly underperformed (like less than half, I've never done that badly). I do know exactly why that happened, I forgot half the identities needed to answer the questions, and that's a recipe for disaster. It's 100% my fault because I only skimmed through revision and mainly revised the topic that wasn't in the test (major facepalm). On the bright side, as soon as I got home, I made sure to make revision notes on the formulae and put it on my wall of maths (I'm not kidding, I literally have a wall full of maths revision in my bedroom - might post a pic of it some time XD).

Since I mostly have frees and one of my teachers for the remaining 2 periods wasn't in, Wednesday was quite uneventful in school. I did make sure to stay in school until the end of the day to continue my coursework. I didn't do much on thursday and friday either, I had a massive headache and didn't want to over-exhaust myself.

On the bright side, this weekend has been WAY MORE productive than usual, as I spent the whole of Saturday continuing my coursework (though it's still far from done), and today I've managed to almost complete my maths homework which isn't even due until the end of the week. I just need a bit of help with some of the questions.

Well, better end this post here - this is getting pretty PHAT. Anyway, hopefully someone enjoys this update!
Have a nice day X

If you wanna be added just shout @ me!
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Don't worry about the trig test :hugs: They're meant to just test knowledge so it's fine if you mess them up completely
Yes, show us a pic of your maths wall :gah:
Tate00
Rep:
?
Don't worry about the trig test :hugs: They're meant to just test knowledge so it's fine if you mess them up completely
Yes, show us a pic of your maths wall :gah:
Thanks for the moral support :hugs: I'll make sure my wall makes an appearance next post :laugh:
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thanks for the moral support :hugs: I'll make sure my wall makes an appearance next post :laugh:
:hugs: :thumbsup:
Crow_M
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Seems promising, can I be tagged please?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Tate00
Rep:
?
(Original post by Crow_M)
Seems promising, can I be tagged please?
Sure!
Tate00
Rep:
?

Panicking, panicking, did I mention I’m panicking?

Hey fellow GYGers!
I am currently procrastinating, and I thought I might as well write a GYG post. Since I last posted, I bought myself a new laptop (in fact, I’m writing on it rn) and I’m officially broke af. I also went to the gym for the first time in over a week, so I feel like I’m finally back on the wagon after falling off it. Overall, these are deffo the highlights of the week…

So lets get on to the interesting stuff :lol:

Well, coursework… I’m still nowhere done, and I’ve only got 3 days left fml. Luckily, I only need to get certain stuff done for the deadline; the exploded drawing (which I’ve luckily managed to finish), the working drawing, and the cutting list. I hope to get it done by tomorrow night, so I can get my teacher to check over it before I give it in on Friday. So, I’ll just try to finish the rest of it after my mocks because, tbh, I don’t wanna see it again after Friday.:afraid:

Talking about mocks, I’ve got less than 3 weeks to revise all the content of my 3 subjects and I’m absolutely panicking because I’ve barely done anything because I’ve been putting all of my effort into my DT coursework . I’m particularly stressed about maths, because this is the last chance I’ve got to change my UCAS predicted grade, and that will determine what unis I can apply for. So, no pressure, but my future is depending on this…

Anyway, I should probably actually do my work, even though the thought of it is bringing me angst. :/

:heart: Tags :heart:

If you wanna be added just ask x
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yay for a new laptop and going to the gym!!
Tate00
Rep:
?
Yay for a new laptop and going to the gym!!
Thanks hun x
mez_merising
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
ah im sure you'll get all your coursework done!
and good luck with ucas, but don't overwork yourself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%