b3r
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
HOW DO I REVISE TO GET AT LEAST A 7?
currently i am in y11 and i need revision tips...
Panickingdiscos
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Personally, I think French gcse is just a matter of vocab learning. Depending on what exam board you’re doing, there’s loads of resources out there to use. I used to use Memrise (and still do since I do a level French) where you can find courses in French that can help you learn and practice the vocab
b3r
Rep:
(Original post by Panickingdiscos)
Personally, I think French gcse is just a matter of vocab learning. Depending on what exam board you’re doing, there’s loads of resources out there to use. I used to use Memrise (and still do since I do a level French) where you can find courses in French that can help you learn and practice the vocab
i do AQA french and honestly i hate listening and speaking as i cant understand as well as i do on paper
Ravenreyes
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Learn vocabulary via quizlet. Revise hard for your speaking exam and learn complex phrases for it, which you can just regurgitate for your writing exam in future.I did this and got a grade 8 surprisingly so vocabulary helps loads xx Bonne Chance!
tomh139
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Find the specification of your exam board and there’ll be a list of all the vocab that can come up. Just learn that and a 7 will be a breeze
username4269836
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Use quizlet to practice your vocab. That's what I always did.
Make sure you know all of your tenses - or at least the main ones - off by heart
Keep doing practice papers or exam questions.
Especially in writing.
For e.g. every time you practice vocab about a specific topic, write a paragraph about that topic using the vocab
Also practice your listening skills
The thing with languages is that the more you practice, the better you get.
You still have some time till your GCSEs, so maybe make a schedule.
Oh, and actually follow the schedule.
Cuz I remember making a timetable but never following it.
Also don't forget to practice your speaking. I always spoke french around the house randomly just to annoy my sister. But it really did help.
Don't end up doing things last minute because that is the most stressful thing ever.
b3r
Rep:
(Original post by Ravenreyes)
Learn vocabulary via quizlet. Revise hard for your speaking exam and learn complex phrases for it, which you can just regurgitate for your writing exam in future.I did this and got a grade 8 surprisingly so vocabulary helps loads xx Bonne Chance!
merci beaucoup i will try my best xx
b3r
Rep:
(Original post by randomerror110)
Use quizlet to practice your vocab. That's what I always did.
Make sure you know all of your tenses - or at least the main ones - off by heart
Keep doing practice papers or exam questions.
Especially in writing.
For e.g. every time you practice vocab about a specific topic, write a paragraph about that topic using the vocab
Also practice your listening skills
The thing with languages is that the more you practice, the better you get.
You still have some time till your GCSEs, so maybe make a schedule.
Oh, and actually follow the schedule.
Cuz I remember making a timetable but never following it.
Also don't forget to practice your speaking. I always spoke french around the house randomly just to annoy my sister. But it really did help.
Don't end up doing things last minute because that is the most stressful thing ever.
Thank you so much i will start writing paragraphs when learning each topic and i hope i can speak french around the house too!
b3r
Rep:
(Original post by tomh139)
Find the specification of your exam board and there’ll be a list of all the vocab that can come up. Just learn that and a 7 will be a breeze
Alright thank you for your tip!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
6.87%
October 2021 (194)
45.97%
November 2021 (44)
10.43%
December 2021 (56)
13.27%
January 2021 (46)
10.9%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.24%