Year 11 desperation. CeciltheLlama's GyG Watch

mez_merising
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CeciltheLlama)
So to make sure that I update on a regular and/or consistent basis I am going to say I will update it once a week. I will probably do it where I write a small bit every day and then post Sunday night. A bit like a diary. Also, I need to go on TSR more as well. I'd like to think I am too busy but I think it is me just trying to imagine life has stopped (paused while I am getting ready for mocks- unfortunately, it hasn't) and also me pretending to myself I do more revision than I actually do welp.

Anyway... (sorry, this post has little to no structure.)

So today I got to leave school at break because I did a concert (technically two- they celebrated different festivals with differing themes) and there was a rehearsal beforehand. If you didn't know I play Classical Guitar. This was the first time I have ever performed with an orchestra actually. Classical guitar is a lonely instrument and normally is in an ensemble with other guitars (or maybe the odd ukulele).

I was having a conversation today with someone in my ensemble and he was saying that he was quite envious of other instruments that get to play in an orchestra or larger ensembles. It is one of the reasons why I would start another instrument. I've always fancied playing double bass, clarinet or flute.

There was a bit of time that was spare so I got some Geography revision done. Oh, and I wrote a letter in the car while my parents and grandma were in a supermarket and then on the way to drop off my grandma. I am feeling a bit more confident. Even though I know I might not be totally ready for my exams when they come, I feel like I am trying my best, even if it is too late. Ah well...

Omg, I just remembered that my Music composition has to be finished by 13th December. I am doing a Rondo form piece (ABACA) and I haven't finished my C section yet. Bloody hell.

Just to get it finished, I am doing 30-60 mins every night after school and then 60 mins of revision as well. Hopefully, it should be fine.

I had my French listening yesterday and it went terribly. I feel like I guessed nearly every question. I hope I do well enough on the others to balance it out.

I am a bit overwhelmed in other areas tbh. I don't want to say too much but one of my friends has got quite severe depression. It is just hard to see someone you love so much suffering. I wish I had a magic wand and could make her happier, but I know I can't. I just have to accept all I can do is support her as much as I can. I doubt she is reading this but if you are I love you and so does Amelia. You're not a burden, and even if you don't think that you are special, we can tell you that you are.

Tags

Spoiler:
Show
don’t worry about gyg structure (like who even is she?)

guitar is such a cool instrument! im learning how to play accoustic of YouTube

and ah, you’re such an amazing friend for helping them through this, big support to both of you❤️❤️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
CeciltheLlama
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by mez_merising)
don’t worry about gyg structure (like who even is she?)

guitar is such a cool instrument! im learning how to play accoustic of YouTube

and ah, you’re such an amazing friend for helping them through this, big support to both of you❤️❤️
guitar is just so good. I could practice for hours on end. It puts a smile on my face easily. what songs have you learnt?

Thanks. I just feel like I don't do enough sometimes you know? Thanks for the support for her 💙 She loves kpop as well. She likes Nct, shinee and a bit of BTS but they're not her fave. I can't remember the rest

hmmm I wonder what I should get her for Christmas.

good luck your results
Sinnoh
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Classical guitar and Hello Internet :gah:

Have you ever tried combining the two? Sometimes I go through all the diatonic scales while listening to an episode. For me it relieves the monotony.
Cov3rt
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
We are doing mocks on the same week been having a mare revising history is looking long I'm doing the same history sections as u
mez_merising
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
guitar is just so good. I could practice for hours on end. It puts a smile on my face easily. what songs have you learnt?

Thanks. I just feel like I don't do enough sometimes you know? Thanks for the support for her 💙 She loves kpop as well. She likes Nct, shinee and a bit of BTS but they're not her fave. I can't remember the rest

hmmm I wonder what I should get her for Christmas.

good luck your results
ehh ive probably forgotten them all now sksksks but it’s just the ones I couldn’t be able to find the piano sheet music for😂

and I’m sure you do more than enough, just take baby steps x

for Christmas maybe something kpop related? there’s bound to be tons online
CeciltheLlama
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Classical guitar and Hello Internet :gah:

Have you ever tried combining the two? Sometimes I go through all the diatonic scales while listening to an episode. For me it relieves the monotony.
No actually. Maybe I should try it. What's your favourite piece to play at the moment? It's nice to find more classical guitarists. Us guys gotta stick together.

(Original post by Cov3rt)
We are doing mocks on the same week been having a mare revising history is looking long I'm doing the same history sections as u
Which sections do you find the worst? I hate Elizabeth and prefer Cold War. I think it's because I find it hard to revise. Are you stressed about revision as well...? our mocks start in 4 days omg :banghead::banghead: Good luck!
Charlie Hitchins
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i had a french listening on wednesday too… not great. don't worry, listening is the hardest out of the four different tests.
get what you mean about the friend stuff, it hurts but i guess all we can do is be there for them and love them for who we are
CeciltheLlama
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charlie Hitchins)
i had a french listening on wednesday too… not great. don't worry, listening is the hardest out of the four different tests.
get what you mean about the friend stuff, it hurts but i guess all we can do is be there for them and love them for who we are
What was your French listening like? Mine was mostly understanding fragments but not the bits that I actually needed for the answer. Mostly guessing. From talking to everyone about listenings at school, everyone found it difficult. I am not worried as such I am just gambling on the fact I got the multiple choice test right. (would have put a fingers crossed emoji but there isn't one 🙄) Was your test the same as mine? We had camping, someone on the radio talking about the environment on holiday and talking about a film (p, n, or p+n) Good luck for your results!

Yeah, there is no point dwelling on what I can't do, I should just do what I can do. Yesterday was a good day because she seemed a bit brighter.
Charlie Hitchins
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What was your French listening like? Mine was mostly understanding fragments but not the bits that I actually needed for the answer. Mostly guessing. From talking to everyone about listenings at school, everyone found it difficult. I am not worried as such I am just gambling on the fact I got the multiple choice test right. (would have put a fingers crossed emoji but there isn't one 🙄) Was your test the same as mine? We had camping, someone on the radio talking about the environment on holiday and talking about a film (p, n, or p+n) Good luck for your results!

Yeah, there is no point dwelling on what I can't do, I should just do what I can do. Yesterday was a good day because she seemed a bit brighter.
i think it was a different test but I'm not sure. there was some stuff about everything really: environment, leisure, school life etc.
very difficult but everyone thought it was so I'm not too worried.

you're probably helping more than you think just by being there
Tolgarda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yo, I'd like to join boiiii.
CeciltheLlama
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Yo, I'd like to join boiiii.
I'll tag you when I post tonight
Tolgarda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'll tag you when I post tonight
Nice.
Cov3rt
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No actually. Maybe I should try it. What's your favourite piece to play at the moment? It's nice to find more classical guitarists. Us guys gotta stick together.

Which sections do you find the worst? I hate Elizabeth and prefer Cold War. I think it's because I find it hard to revise. Are you stressed about revision as well...? our mocks start in 4 days omg :banghead::banghead: Good luck!
probably crime and punishment im stressed as well gl to you as well
CeciltheLlama
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cov3rt)
probably crime and punishment im stressed as well gl to you as well
Good luck!! Don't get too stressed out then again I can say that but I am pretty stressed for tomorrow I haven't finished crime and punishment yet but I can't say it is my favourite topic...
CeciltheLlama
Rep:
?
So I tried to do a kind of diary-type approach like I said in a post like a week ago? Idk but here it is

Thursday

Spoiler:
Show

Just like yesterday, I feel disappointed with the amount of revision I did. Oh well. I will make sure I do more tomorrow. We have an inset day tomorrow so I am going to my town's library and revise alongside my friends.

My first priority for revision is history because I am feeling least confident about this. Oh, and biology because I have done like literally no revision and it is one of my first exams as well.

I went to the sixth form open evening and I am about 90% sure that I am going to go to it for a level. I will still apply to the other college that I went to go see before. I need to write my personal statement actually.

For A-levels, I think that I am going to apply for (in order of priority at getting it) maths, French, geography and English language. I think I am going to do four and if I think it is too much then I will drop one after a few months.

Friday

Spoiler:
Show

It was an inset day today and like I said yesterday I went to the library with two of my friends. I found it helpful as I found that for the first hour or so I was wasting my time because I was only making notes and then I made flashcards I could use later and quizzes myself. I prefer to talk and quiz with other people whilst I am revising so this wasn't ideal but at least I learnt what works for me more.

I then had to go to work and that was four hours where I couldn't revise so it felt like a massive waste. I am going to bed now so I am going to try and do a lot more tomorrow.

Saturday

Spoiler:
Show

I did quite a lot of revision today. I mainly used my History specification and explained all of the events on it checking through my book when I didn't know any details. I only managed to go through Elizabeth so tomorrow I need to go through cold war. I think that the method worked quite well as I learn from explaining like this.

Tomorrow I am going to go to my friend's house to do some revision. Should be good. When I was revising for my summer mocks I would go outside into a field which has a stream next to it and it was nice to revise outside as often I feel like I get stuck inside. Obviously, I can't do that now because it is bloody freezing outside. 😔

Oooh, I'm a bit nervous for my mocks. They start on Monday.

I think I am going to focus on the first week of exam content tomorrow and then when I have a free day next week do some more focused revision for the week after.

Sunday

Spoiler:
Show

I am sorta proud of the amount of revision (I could've have done more) but I just wish that I could have started to do this amount earlier on.

I went over to my friend's house about 2 o'clock-ish and we did revision until about eight with like ten to fifteen minute breaks scattered in between. I find that I know Elizabeth really well but cold war not so much. Meh. I am a bit worried about the mocks ngl but I'm sure I will be fine after I get into the swing of things.

Good luck to everyone starting mocks tomorrow as well. Night. I better get up early😰😨😱😟😟

So I don't know whether you liked that format or not but I might do it like this in the future because it is easier and makes me feel less pressure to post as soon as I write something. I might post tomorrow?? Night, night :sleep::sleep: Sorry if it was quite repetitive at points welp.

Tags

CeciltheLlama
Rep:
?
Just a quick update. I have had a total of six sleep but there was a gap of two and a half hours in the middle, staring at my ceiling, trying anything to sleep and eventually crying because I realised that the prospect of a good night's sleep was over. I think I woke up because my head was shouting about exams and too full up. 👿

Let's pass some exams today! Yayyaay. 😩😩

I'm sorry if you never have a good sleep and find my complaining offensive because I'm complaining at nothing and/or an idiot but I'm tired and sick of life rn as I haven't had a coffee yet.

Bye and good luck (sorry it was so ramble-y/rant-y) 😐
Charlie Hitchins
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
don't worry about the layout, it works fine
there's a difference between complaining and getting your thoughts out, and the latter is healthy to do. i feel your pain with sleeping, worrying, staring and crying
addicted to coffee too
CeciltheLlama
Rep:
?
I think that today went well actually. I did an English Language and a History exam. I thought English language went well although I forgot to put your faithfully. dsjjdsidbenxihbdichdbeox. Oh well. For history, cold war went bad but I think Elizabeth went well so that's good. Any way I will post again on Sunday. So bye for now. 😀
CeciltheLlama
Rep:
?
I'm sorry that I haven't posted for the last two weeks. It's been a hectic couple of weeks tbh and I am knackered. Today I have been doing Christmas cleaning with my family and writing a draft of my personal statement. I have been so relaxing to not do revision for a weekend.

In case you were wondering I thought my mocks went well. I think that the best was probably Geography and the worst was English Literature. I think the reason why it went bad was because of the lack of revision and preparation rather than being in an exam hall because I don't care about being in the hall. If anything it is easier to concentrate in there for me than in classrooms. We are not getting our grades until the last day of school, but we are getting our tests back before this. Tbh I would rather get my grades back on the last day and not have more dread built up by looking at my marks. Oh well....

All my subjects went mediocre. I just hope I got at least a 7 for maths and at least a 6 for both English exams.

Now I just need to worry about:

1. Music Composition
2. Sixth form applications
3. Performance at Christmas showcase
4. French speaking exams after chrimbo
5. English speaking exams after chrimbo
6. Music solo and ensemble performance recording after chrimbo

Jeez. I just need to buckle down over Christmas (and relax a little) and get all of this crap done.

Because I am not so confident at English Literature I think that I am going to have to write essays and prose each week so that I improve. I definitely think that after the holidays I am going to have to revise subjects constantly. I was thinking of doing my grade 2 music theory in March but now I'm so sure. I might be better doing it in summer or autumn term. Hmmm.

Anyway, I better get to bed now. Have a happy Monday tomorrow. If that's even possible.

Oh and I liked the song of the day that mez_merising does and I will start song of the week.
This week it's Blue Christmas by Elvis because I'm going to have one lol.

Tags
mez_merising
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
personal statement?! already-
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%