The Student Room Group

physics vs maths and physics

I'm applying for physics at cambridge, Manchester, Nottingham and Bath and so have a very physics orientated personal statement. I recently went to the Warwick open day however and was really impressed by maths and physics and want to apply to that course but still apply for physics everywhere else as Warwick was the only place that I seemed to prefer the course. would my personal statement be a disadvantage and would questions be asked as to why I haven't applied for the same course elsewhere if I try and do this. need to apply before the 15th so can't change my statement
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
What course
Reply 2
You haven’t said what course at Warwick you like? Is it not physics, if it is maths then your personal statement being based largely around physics might not matter as it is just applied maths
Reply 3
Also is this undergraduate because I was under the impression Cambridge did not offer physics
Original post by Ceryss:{
You haven’t said what course at Warwick you like? Is it not physics, if it is maths then your personal statement being based largely around physics might not matter as it is just applied maths

sorry thought I'd said, it's the maths and physics course
Reply 5
Oh then keep your personal statement how it is
Also is this undergraduate because I was under the impression Cambridge did not offer physics

yeah undergraduate natural sciences but I just said physics as for that course it doesn't matter that I've written a physics personal statement because of the saq they ask you to write to supplement it
Oh then keep your personal statement how it is

so it would be ok? the statement examples ive read for maths and physics all seem to devote a large portion just to maths where as mine is just talking about the physics aspect
Reply 8
I imagine it will be fine, if you are worried you could add a small chunk in about maths, however I can’t see an issue
I imagine it will be fine, if you are worried you could add a small chunk in about maths, however I can’t see an issue

ok that's quite a relief, thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending