The Student Room Group

I can't take it anymore

I'm posting this anonymously because I don't want my family to see this and know it's me. Basically, I come from a very strict and religious Pakistani Family, but I don't like some of the things they won't allow me to do such as because I'm a Muslim girl I'm not allowed to wear anything that isn't shalwar Kameez since it isn't modest and I'm so jealous of my brothers since they are allowed to wear jeans, t-shirts etc, the things I wish I could wear but my family have shouted at me saying your a MUSLIM girl so you can't wear anything like jeans/t-shirts, but when I ask why my brothers can wear it they say it's because they're boys, so basically I'm not any normal girl, I'm a Muslim girl. Also, I'm 13 years old and I'm not allowed any social medias for i don't know what reason, my sister once caught me with Snapchat and threatened to tell my father. My sisters are devils, they always make fun of me saying that my forehead is big, that I have cow thighs, I'm ugly and etc which has made me very insecure. I once went out to my friend's birthday party which was like my first time hanging out with my friends which was like a year ago, but my family didn't let me dress up or wear any kind of make and made me wear a blue long shalwar kameez which made me feel very uncomfortable and embarrassed. My family have also forced me to wear the hijab when I started high school. My dad is also very sexist, he has problems with anything we wear, including school trousers and has been thinking about making us wear long skirts that go up to our ankles, and won't let me go to any clubs because I'm a girl and said it's his rules. My brothers are allowed to go boxing and I want to go taekwando but when I say that they always ignore me whichever is pretty obvious. I want to wear English clothes like all my friends, even those more religious than me get to wear English clothes which makes me very jealous and angry. I cry in my bed every single night, since I told my two sisters and mother that I was depressed but they just laughed at me and called me an attention seeker saying I was too young to understand even though I was even crying
(edited 5 years ago)
you should try and look into getting fostered or adopted. dont let these people ruin your childhood
Childline? I mean if it's so bad you can contact them, Jesus is it me or am I seeing more of these types of stories pop up more often now? What is wrong with parents these days! UGH.

You could also talk to your PPM or Teacher/Tutor that would be in direct contact with Childcare support etc. (That's if you don't want to talk to someone random on Childline).

I mean, from what it sounds like they might decide what you are going to pick for uni, who you are going to marry etc etc. It seems it's up to you. Don't cut yourself that's silly you are not solving a thing by self-harm! It's just going to make the problem worse because your parents will clamp down on you for it! So don't do it.
speak to someone at school that you trust
call childline !!!!
Schools usually have support centres or something similar, try going there
yeah...i totally understand thatim 15 YO muslim,living in eygpt,but yo...,your family took it to far.im boy, but somehow... i have one of your problems.my family have waaay too much rules that would make someone go crazy in easeone of there rules [ no getting out of the house]...like y?every kid even younger from me has an allowance to travelle between governements and i cant?

Latest