The Student Room Group

How to succeed in English language GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Get some full marks sample answers and compare them with your answer. This is key. Before I found the top tier answers I literally had no idea what I should write, but now I know exactly how to get all the marks.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by MichaelTownly
Get some full marks sample answers and compare them with your answer. This is key. Before I found the top tier answers I literally had no idea what I should write, but now I know exactly how to get all the marks.

oh right ok good idea i'll do that
Original post by Gent2324
better tbh, just learn alot of quotes and analyse them all. id send you mine but i did WJEC which no one does and has different poems. aswell as that the poems i did arent going to come up for you even if u are doing wjec.

just learn quotes and context - you must have some context in every poem.

Yay! We do the same exam board (>~< ) I do WJEC too and the books we're doing is An Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol, Macbeth and 18 other poems. If you did the same books could you please pm quotes?
Original post by Gent2324
better tbh, just learn alot of quotes and analyse them all. id send you mine but i did WJEC which no one does and has different poems. aswell as that the poems i did arent going to come up for you even if u are doing wjec.

just learn quotes and context - you must have some context in every poem.

Yay! We do the same exam board (>~< ) I do WJEC too and the books we're doing is An Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol, Macbeth and 18 other poems. If you did the same books could you please pm quotes?
Original post by AngelStarfire

I'll post my poem answer when I get home from school, the macbeth one is in this thread somewhere. My script shows the marks given and u can see that just simply regurgitating quotes can give u marks, and another for analysing it. Our paper had Manmetz wood and I compared it to manhunt, will send tonight
Reply 25
Original post by Stefanothebrano
What are your main tips for the English language exam? GCSE

I am in year 8 and have done my provisonal year 7 and 8 for english lit.

year 7 provisional- 49/80
year 8 provisional- 34/80

Are these scores decent? Judging the fact that i am in year 8. Thanks alot

P.S The papers are not that much easier compare to the gcse english lit
Reply 26
Hear my story I got D 3 time. After putting head down for 1 month got the grade I needed for university. Best solution is do last papers and learn all the language techniques. Get it mark by your teacher. That’s how I passed.

Quick Reply

Latest