TheLostHDPenguin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
1st question is how often is the RAF intake?

2nd question is if I join the raf as an apprenticeship will i be able to get a levels (or equivalent to) if i join the raf at 16 (after my gcses instead of college because what im thinking is that I want to be a pilot when im older but I really would like to join the RAF like im so excited. So what I was thinking is finish my gcses and go straight into the raf but yh the question is will I get a levels. I know its not ideal because if I want to be a pilot then going via college is better but I would like to see other peoples advice / opinion.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheLostHDPenguin)

2nd question is if I join the raf as an apprenticeship will i be able to get a levels (or equivalent to) if i join the raf at 16 (after my gcses instead of college because what im thinking is that I want to be a pilot when im older but I really would like to join the RAF like im so excited. So what I was thinking is finish my gcses and go straight into the raf but yh the question is will I get a levels. I know its not ideal because if I want to be a pilot then going via college is better but I would like to see other peoples advice / opinion.
They have intakes several times during the year.

You might be able to take A levels alongside your job at some point in your career, but not immediately. If you want to be a pilot, stay at school and get them as school, then go to University. Your chances of getting to pilot by joining as an apprentice are vanishingly small.
ColourOfAsh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheLostHDPenguin)

Hi,

Via an RAF apprenticeship, you will get a level 3 qualification which is the equivalent of an A level but will not be the same as an a level. Think of it like pounds and euros. £5 is €6.20 let's say , so even though they have the same value you cannot spend both at the same store. I believe the airman intake is every 3 weeks though I may be mistaken. Hope this helps.
TheLostHDPenguin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ColourOfAsh)
Hi,

Via an RAF apprenticeship, you will get a level 3 qualification which is the equivalent of an A level but will not be the same as an a level. Think of it like pounds and euros. £5 is €6.20 let's say , so even though they have the same value you cannot spend both at the same store. I believe the airman intake is every 3 weeks though I may be mistaken. Hope this helps.
ahh ok thanks thus helped alot
unruly1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depending on the apprenticeship, you can go all the way through to Degree level (and beyond). Although as previously mentioned, if you want to be a pilot, then your best bet is to take the traditional route and go to uni.

If you have no intention of going to university then I would join sooner rather than later and get your career underway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.81%
No (192)
76.19%

Watched Threads