Converting provisional license to full driving license and change of address

Watch
Rasasu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys. I would like to ask a quick question. I have finally passed my practical driving test . I have submitted my provisional driving licence + D1 form and pass certificate via post to DVLA Swansea. I have sent it to SA991BJ. That was the address mentioned at the back of pass certificate. I saw some online forum mentioning that I should have sent it to SA991BN if needs to change the address before converting to full licence. What will happen next ? Will my full licence will be delayed ? I hope someone can guide me. I took a photocopy of my licence and pass certificate though.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
learn how to spell first. it's licenCe
Rasasu
Rep:
?
(Original post by CollectiveSoul)
learn how to spell first. it's licenCe
Sorry for the typo* I have corrected the post.
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rasasu)
Sorry for the typo* I have corrected the post.
thank you. they will be used to people sending it to this address and will forward it along. i advise you to use the online services (didn't even think DVLA did paper any more...) and you can change your details on the .gov website
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rasasu)
Hi guys. I would like to ask a quick question. I have finally passed my practical driving test . I have submitted my provisional driving licence + D1 form and pass certificate via post to DVLA Swansea. I have sent it to SA991BJ. That was the address mentioned at the back of pass certificate. I saw some online forum mentioning that I should have sent it to SA991BN if needs to change the address before converting to full licence. What will happen next ? Will my full licence will be delayed ? I hope someone can guide me. I took a photocopy of my licence and pass certificate though.
Yep, you sent it to the wrong department so it will be delayed until it gets passed to the right department via internal mail. You'll only be impacted by a couple of days.

Why didn't you change your address before taking your test...? Are you aware it's a legal requirement to update it ASAP?
Rasasu
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
Yep, you sent it to the wrong department so it will be delayed until it gets passed to the right department via internal mail. You'll only be impacted by a couple of days.

Why didn't you change your address before taking your test...? Are you aware it's a legal requirement to update it ASAP?
Hi, I wasn’t aware of it. If I knew it earlier , I would have changed it online to save all the trouble. Lesson learnt. I do shift from one property to another almost every year due to the nature of my job. I will keep this in my mind. Thanks for the advices.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (143)
14.37%
I'm not sure (42)
4.22%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (298)
29.95%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.61%
I'm not a current university student (486)
48.84%

Watched Threads