Imperial vs UCL MSc Computer Science Watch

koodakk3
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi All,

I will be applying for a Computer Science MSc course at one of the mentioned universities. I am currently in my last year of Civil Engineering at the University of Bath. I have enjoyed the programming part of my current course and hoping to further develop my computational skills by enrolling on an MSc in Computer Science.

I understand that UCL's programme is more industry oriented as you focus on Java programming for the entire year, whereas at IC C++ seems to be the main language. However student's satisfaction for UCL seems ridiculously low when compared with other universities like Imperial. Furthermore UCL seems to have prerequisites for taking optional modules in ML or AI (can usually be obtained in an undergrad CS degree only), which is something I am interested in.

Are you thinking of applying for a CS MSc at UCL or Imperial? If so let me know what's your opinion about both programmes and which one would you choose if you were to hold an offer for both.

If anybody is already enrolled on one of those courses or finished it, I would highly appreciate some feedback on their experience of the programme.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (256)
32.2%
The paper was reasonable (389)
48.93%
Not feeling great about that exam... (89)
11.19%
It was TERRIBLE (61)
7.67%

Watched Threads