Billiealexandra
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hiya!I studied for 3 years (all of which were funded by student finance). I did a foundation degree in the first 2 years and a top-up degree which got me a BA honours in my field. I'd like to apply for a masters degree in my field and the minimum requirements Is a 2:1 but I got a 2:2. My question is, if I apply and they come back and say that I need a relevant 2:1 qualification, can I get funding via student finance for a second top up year and for the masters degree, both of which would only last a year each.I'm a little confused as to whether you can get four years of funding undergraduate and a years post graduate or if the four years funding included a post graduate degree like a masters.Thanks!
Lynsey SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Billiealexandra)
Hiya!I studied for 3 years (all of which were funded by student finance). I did a foundation degree in the first 2 years and a top-up degree which got me a BA honours in my field. I'd like to apply for a masters degree in my field and the minimum requirements Is a 2:1 but I got a 2:2. My question is, if I apply and they come back and say that I need a relevant 2:1 qualification, can I get funding via student finance for a second top up year and for the masters degree, both of which would only last a year each.I'm a little confused as to whether you can get four years of funding undergraduate and a years post graduate or if the four years funding included a post graduate degree like a masters.Thanks!

Hello,

You would not be able to retake your top up year; this would be deemed as having an Equivalent Level Qualification (ELQ).

Is the Masters course, a standalone course?

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.9%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (16)
15.69%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (19)
18.63%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (11)
10.78%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (33)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (18)
17.65%

Watched Threads