The Student Room Group

Help with Predicted Grades

Hi I am in the midst of completing my UCAS application and a reference has been provided by my teacher. However, my teacher did not provide predicted grades for me. I have a polytechnic diploma but I am not allowed to fill in my current GPA into the application form as it is a pending qualification.
I have contacted the universities I am applying to and they said that predicted grades must be provided otherwise my application will be rejected. Is there any way for my referee to provide the predicted grades even though he has already sent the referee report? Pls help!!
Original post by slyjen
Hi I am in the midst of completing my UCAS application and a reference has been provided by my teacher. However, my teacher did not provide predicted grades for me. I have a polytechnic diploma but I am not allowed to fill in my current GPA into the application form as it is a pending qualification.
I have contacted the universities I am applying to and they said that predicted grades must be provided otherwise my application will be rejected. Is there any way for my referee to provide the predicted grades even though he has already sent the referee report? Pls help!!

Which universities said that they would reject you if your referee doesn’t provide predictions?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Which universities said that they would reject you if your referee doesn’t provide predictions?

So far only university of Manchester. The other univerisities I have applied to have not replied. My referee just told me that my school is unable to provide predicted grades for universities so he will explain it to the universities. I just really hope the universities will understand and not reject my application without the predicted grades.

Does anyone have any similar experience with a polytechnic diploma from Singapore??
Original post by slyjen
So far only university of Manchester. The other univerisities I have applied to have not replied. My referee just told me that my school is unable to provide predicted grades for universities so he will explain it to the universities. I just really hope the universities will understand and not reject my application without the predicted grades.

Does anyone have any similar experience with a polytechnic diploma from Singapore??

Speak to the international team at Manchester. It’s common for international applicants to apply without predictions and there’s normally an alternative arrangement that’s used.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Speak to the international team at Manchester. It’s common for international applicants to apply without predictions and there’s normally an alternative arrangement that’s used.

Alright thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest