The Student Room Group

Does A-level English Language and Literature respected by top universities?

I wanted to take English Literature as one of my a-level options, but there isn't any space available in my school. I can only take the combined course instead. I want to apply the english program of top universities(oxbridge, durham.etc) after sixth form, but I afraid the combined course is not as respected as pure literature does by top universities.

In addition, I have been recommended to join the HE+ program(a program associated with cambridge which may help me to enter top universities) if it does help.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by karensakurai
I wanted to take English Literature for one of my a-level options, but there isn't any space available in my school. I can only take the combined course instead. I want to apply the english program of top universities(oxbridge, durham.etc) after sixth form, but I afraid the combined course is not as respected as pure literature does by top universities.

In addition, I have been recommended to join the HE+ program(a program associated with cambridge which may help me to enter top universities) if it does help.

Because it is English and because there are only a small number of unis you are interested in, then after reading the entrance criteria it is worth contacting them before you put the application in to get some guidance on how they suggest you proceed.

Just do a detailed email and then send it to the correct people or just ring them.

Quick Reply

Latest