username2889812
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
:wavey:

im stuck at this question ...will be really grateful for all lovely help! :ta:

Describe the role of the electrons in light dependent reactions of photosynthesis

So I know how they help out with energy in electron transport chain and how they help in keeping photosystemII stable and not electron deficient...but the question is 4 marks and dont know what more could I include? :hmmmm:
username2889812
Rep:
?
:bump:
username2889812
Rep:
?
:bump::gah:
Study Stream
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A bit of a late reply, but you could also include, that it is involved in both cyclic and noncyclic photophosphorylation, that it provides the energy to actively move H+ ions against its concentration gradient into the inter-thylakoid space, so it helps create a concentration gradient.
username2889812
Rep:
?
(Original post by Study Stream)
A bit of a late reply, but you could also include, that it is involved in both cyclic and noncyclic photophosphorylation, that it provides the energy to actively move H+ ions against its concentration gradient into the inter-thylakoid space, so it helps create a concentration gradient.
:ta: it helps
But what are the pointers for 4 markers though :hmmmm:
nievecooper40
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When light hits chlorophyll electrons become excited and leave the chlorophyll making it positively charged. Electrons are transferred down electron transfer chain, releasing energy as they do this. Electrons are used for formation of ATP and reduced NADP which can then be used in the light independent reaction of photosynthesis.
(Original post by Spannerin'moi)

Describe the role of the electrons in light dependent reactions of photosynthesis

So I know how they help out with energy in electron transport chain and how they help in keeping photosystemII stable and not electron deficient...but the question is 4 marks and dont know what more could I include? :hmmmm:
Infinite Series
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Spannerin'moi)

I would just write everything that the electron does in the process, in hope that i'll get the marks. The things I've highlighted are what i'm most confident will obtain a mark:

Electrons would be raised to a high energy level (at the start)
Electron are passed from photosystem II to carriers (in thylakoid membrane)
Electron causes pumping of protons into the thylakoid
Electron passes to photosystem I at end of carrier chain
Electron re-excited and emitted by photosystem I
Electron used to reduce NADP+
Last edited by Infinite Series; 1 year ago
username2889812
Rep:
?
(Original post by nievecooper40)
When light hits chlorophyll electrons become excited and leave the chlorophyll making it positively charged. Electrons are transferred down electron transfer chain, releasing energy as they do this. Electrons are used for formation of ATP and reduced NADP which can then be used in the light independent reaction of photosynthesis.
:ta: for help
username2889812
Rep:
?
(Original post by Infinite Series)
I would just write everything that the electron does in the process, in hope that i'll get the marks. The things I've highlighted are what i'm most confident will obtain a mark:

Electrons would be raised to a high energy level (at the start)
Electron are passed from photosystem II to carriers (in thylakoid membrane)
Electron causes pumping of protons into the thylakoid
Electron passes to photosystem I at end of carrier chain
Electron re-excited and emitted by photosystem I
Electron used to reduce NADP+
:ta: for the pointers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (134)
58.77%
No (52)
22.81%
Not sure (42)
18.42%

Watched Threads