The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For Christmas and Easter and twice for gigs.
ETA: I would have preferred to go home more often, but simply could not afford it.
Reply 21
Every weekend, though if I had a driving license I would've commuted those 80 miles.
Reply 22
In first year I went home for a weekend once in the first semester, wished I was back at uni and never did it again :P After that I just went home for holidays, which was the same in second year.
This year is all a bit different, 6000 miles is a bit far to pop home for a weekend... and next year I can't see myself going home that often at all, maybe for a week or so during the holidays?
That's not to say I don't have really strong ties to my family - I do - but we talk on the phone every week, there's more exciting stuff to be done at uni and I have very few friends left in my hometown, so there's really not a lot left there for me anymore. :smile:
Reply 23
At the end of every term, but I've ended up going home a couple times outside of that for reasons like AUntys Engagement Party, Moms Birthday Party , Family Funeral so not going home for the sake of going home but for a reason
I go back at the end of each term to spend Christmas/Easter/summer at home. I also try to go home for my birthday and my dad's birthday, my mum's birthday is in the summer holidays. It's kind of hard not being able to go home this year, seeing as I'm doing a year abroad. Next year (final year) I plan to go home a lot more, maybe three times a term, because I feel I'll need a time out every now and again from all the final year work, and I find it hard to completely switch off when I'm at university.
Reply 25
Every day, cos wherever I leave my hat... that's my home. Well, I class wherever I live as my home anyway as I'm not really that close with my family and the 'home' that I moved out of 6 years ago doesn't exist (per se) anymore and neither does the 'home' I had with my ex either. that said, I visit both parents every one to two months normally.
I go back at the end of each term, only for a few days though cause I have a job here. Its complicated now cause my mum moved county when I went to uni so for a couple of days in the holidays I go to her new house to see her and 2 youngest sisters, then i go to my home town for a couple of days to see my grandparents, my dad, my other sister and my friends. It would be a lot easier of they all lived in the same area.
Reply 27
1st Year: Many of my mates from home were in the year below me so spent a couple of weekends home per term seeing them and catching up.

2nd Year: Mates from home are all at uni so don't spend much time at home now. Like my family but prefer Brighton and my life down here.

Only go home at the end of terms now to make money working.
Reply 28
that's so sweet!
Reply 29
I live a 2 and a half hour drive from home and go back every other w/e to see my gf. One week she comes to see me, next week i go to see her. Works out quite well, weve done it for nearly one academic year now.
None of the above, really- I'm home for one or two weekends a year, and Christmas!
Reply 31
I still live at home.

But when I move out in the Autumn It probably won't be more than once a term

Latest

Trending

Trending