Route to solicitor Watch

Kev lad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So my law teacher told me you can do a 6 year law apprenticeship for being a solicitor. I’ve been told it’s hard to get one but assuming I did will it be equivalent to a uni law degree because I’m considering taking the apprenticeship route for law but I just want to make sure is it the same value? Like can my wage still progress up or does the uni degree matter a lot in terms of progression?
Is a law apprenticeship the same value as the uni path?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
eh22
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Kev lad)
So my law teacher told me you can do a 6 year law apprenticeship for being a solicitor. I’ve been told it’s hard to get one but assuming I did will it be equivalent to a uni law degree because I’m considering taking the apprenticeship route for law but I just want to make sure is it the same value? Like can my wage still progress up or does the uni degree matter a lot in terms of progression?
Is a law apprenticeship the same value as the uni path?
Yes absolutely marks and Spencer’s offers one and they pay for all your uni fees
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
xannypunanny
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It is completely equivalent - you will have the exact same qualifications as any other NQ at the end of the 6 years.
I started my solicitor apprenticeship in September 2018 and am happy to answer any further questions.
s0phiec
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi - @fcmcmurray and I are solicitor apprentices at Withers and have made an official thread if any of you have questions we could answer :-)

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post81495336
Saniasaman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey. I am an international student in UK. So you think i can apply for the solicitor apprenticeship? What are the chances ? Cause i have been told i cannot. So i just want to makesure(Original post by s0phiec)Hi - @fcmcmurray and I are solicitor apprentices at Withers and have made an official thread if any of you have questions we could answer :-)

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post81495336
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (410)
30.35%
The paper was reasonable (535)
39.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (230)
17.02%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
13.03%

Watched Threads