The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Single study plus at UoN?

Hey. I'm a 1st year undergraduate at UoN and I chose to commute as I live about an hour away, however, it is becoming a bit of a pain, especially since my timetable isn't very good for a commuting student and I was looking for accomodation. I've emailed the accomodation people and they told me that theres some new halls opening soon which will have a Single study plus bedroom type. I've looked it up, and it seems to be your own room etc, but the bathroom is shared with max 5 people. Has anyone here lived in one of these before/know anything about them? I'd much rather prefer my own bathroom, but they don't have any ensuites available at the moment :/

Thanks
Original post by Entilo
Hey. I'm a 1st year undergraduate at UoN and I chose to commute as I live about an hour away, however, it is becoming a bit of a pain, especially since my timetable isn't very good for a commuting student and I was looking for accomodation. I've emailed the accomodation people and they told me that theres some new halls opening soon which will have a Single study plus bedroom type. I've looked it up, and it seems to be your own room etc, but the bathroom is shared with max 5 people. Has anyone here lived in one of these before/know anything about them? I'd much rather prefer my own bathroom, but they don't have any ensuites available at the moment :/

Thanks

Nottingham has been inundated with accommodation this year so people have struggled to find accommodation, most folk who can't get into halls either go into private renting or house share. I think the hall that's opening is Beeston Hall but what I know about the single studies is that people share bathrooms with five others and its usually on the second floor. Most of the time, what I've heard about is that people set times for when they go in and there isn't a massive queue if you respect other people's bathroom use lol.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Rhythmical
Nottingham has been inundated with accommodation this year so people have struggled to find accommodation, most folk who can't get into halls either go into private renting or house share. I think the hall that's opening is Beeston Hall but what I know about the single studies is that people share bathrooms with five others and its usually on the second floor. Most of the time, what I've heard about is that people set times for when they go in and there isn't a massive queue if you respect other people's bathroom use lol.

The Beeston Hall is the one I asked them about originally, but they told me about some new block in/next to Cripps Hall opening in less than 2 weeks
I lived in single study (though it was in Sherwood), first year. Plus basically just means it's bigger and it's a 3/4 bed.

Single study is completely your own room, with a desk. Mine had a sink but the website seems to stress than not every single study will have a sink so bear that in mind I guess.

In my case it was more logistically a bathroom between five people, as there were actually three for the whole corridor, which I guess was about 15 people. Which meant they were dirty a lot (no disrespect to the cleaners - they were cleaning properly, it's just that 15 people generate a lot of mess) but it was rare for them all to be occupied at once. If you're in a flat instead of a corridor, it may just literally be five people and one bathroom though. My block was all the same type, so you would occasionally get people going to another floor's bathroom, there wasn't much organisation. On the upside it's a reasonable chunk cheaper than ensuite though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending