Paradise Lost: Does anyone understand it?

Watch
LexiTarabotti
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have read Book 1 over and over again but I just don't *get* it in the same way some other people in my set do. Does anyone know of any good online resources that can help me further my understanding of the text?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Dulce_et _utile
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LexiTarabotti)
I have read Book 1 over and over again but I just don't *get* it in the same way some other people in my set do. Does anyone know of any good online resources that can help me further my understanding of the text?
If your institution has access to an online library you may have access to:

The Cambridge Companion to Paradise Lost

Inside Paradise Lost, David Quint

John Milton's Paradise Lost: A reading guide, Noam Reisner

Or you could find a good edition at a library (Norton critical editions, Oxford world's classics, etc), the introductions/notes/essays are usually very good

Or you could try with litcharts or sparknotes, these websites are fine if you are just looking for a quick and easy to follow introduction, but don't just rely on their content, you should always research and read other sources (ie books)

Good luck
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LexiTarabotti)
Try things like Sparknotes, Lit Charts, and look at plot summaries. That’ll give you a basic breakdown of what the text is about. 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.81%
I'm not sure (32)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.25%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (330)
47.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed