The Student Room Group

56% of students are embarrassed buying condoms

Following on from the previous thread, we think it's important to keep discussing sexual health, as part of TSR's Sexual Health Hub. :rave:

Are you surprised about this result? :shock:

What do you think about it? :hmmmm:

Have you had any experiences relating to this? :innocent:

Let's get talking about sexual health. :happy2: Do you have an opinion about this, any advice to young people, or just general thoughts you'd like to share? There's no judgement here! :grouphugs:

Spoiler

Reply 1
I'm quite surprised at this actually I did think it was so high! I know my partner was quite similar with buying them and the embarrassment that comes with it.

I think some won't because they're security tagged but I have no issues myself and I always used to buy them when we used them and pregnancy tests without issues but some people just can't and I get that.

But it's important they know where they can get them for free like sexual health clinics and student services and with a C card ect :smile:
Original post by Elektra06
I'm quite surprised at this actually I did think it was so high! I know my partner was quite similar with buying them and the embarrassment that comes with it.

I think some won't because they're security tagged but I have no issues myself and I always used to buy them when we used them and pregnancy tests without issues but some people just can't and I get that.

But it's important they know where they can get them for free like sexual health clinics and student services and with a C card ect :smile:

Yeah - lots of people are worried about being judged! Surely you'll receive more judgement if people know you have to have treatment for an STI? It's much better to use condoms than risk your health. They can also be bought online and they'll arrive in discreet packaging, if buying them in person is too difficult.
Praise the lord for the internet and the range of websites to buy condoms :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest