The Student Room Group

Engineering Science Oxford 2019 Entry

Hey just curious who else is applying for this course and to which colleges?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
??? Anybody ???
I've moved this to the University of Oxford section for you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
I've moved this to the University of Oxford section for you :smile:

Thanks
I'm applying for Engineering Science at Jesus!:biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Anghdavies
I'm applying for Engineering Science at Jesus!:biggrin:

Cool! I'm applying to Univ. How's PAT prep coming along?
Original post by markyw12
Cool! I'm applying to Univ. How's PAT prep coming along?

ugh it's tedious. I'm a gap year re-applicant (but applied for physics last year- it's complicated!) so luckily I've covered all of the A Level Physics, Maths, and Further Maths courses this year. I had a huge issue last year as I hadn't covered half of the PAT syllabus in nearly enough detail and as a consequence wasn't invited for interview (I wasn't surprised though).
But yes. after that TANGENT I definitely think I'm more prepared than last time!
How about you??
Reply 7
ugh it's tedious. I'm a gap year re-applicant (but applied for physics last year- it's complicated!) so luckily I've covered all of the A Level Physics, Maths, and Further Maths courses this year. I had a huge issue last year as I hadn't covered half of the PAT syllabus in nearly enough detail and as a consequence wasn't invited for interview (I wasn't surprised though).
But yes. after that TANGENT I definitely think I'm more prepared than last time!
How about you??

I'm consistently in the 40s for the Maths but barely scrape 20s in Physics. The past week I've been doing non-stop BPHO papers to get better at the problem solving so hopefully I might do better on the next past paper.
I'm consistently in the 40s for the Maths but barely scrape 20s in Physics. The past week I've been doing non-stop BPHO papers to get better at the problem solving so hopefully I might do better on the next past paper.

I had the same problem with the physics! They make it impossible 😖😖
Reply 9
I had the same problem with the physics! They make it impossible 😖😖

I'm hoping for a miracle in the next 2 weeks if I ever want to get more than 20 aha.
Reply 10
Moved to the Oxford forum :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to LMH!!
International student
How's everyone feeling after the PAT
Reply 12
Original post by mohdk2001
I applied to LMH!!
International student
How's everyone feeling after the PAT

I feel it went pretty good, hoping for mid 60s. Still have no whether I'll even make interview. Just gotta hope for the best aha.
Just a heads up, the unofficial markscheme is up.
I kinda felt it was TOO hard. Hopefully 50's
Think that's enough for an interview?
Reply 15
Original post by country2304
Just a heads up, the unofficial markscheme is up.

I know I'm purposefully avoiding it hahaha.
I know I'm purposefully avoiding it hahaha.

Yeah fair enough, that's definitely a good way of avoiding the stress.
Reply 17
Original post by mohdk2001
I kinda felt it was TOO hard. Hopefully 50's
Think that's enough for an interview?

It should be yeah, but no one really knows how Engineering use PAT to shortlist. People with 30s and 40s have been known to get offers, whereas people with 70s didn't even make interview.
It should be yeah, but no one really knows how Engineering use PAT to shortlist. People with 30s and 40s have been known to get offers, whereas people with 70s didn't even make interview.

From what I've heard, your UCAS form is given a score and different sections make up a certain proportion of that score. The PAT is apparently only a small part of that, hence the ridiculous range in scores for successful candidates.

Tbh knowing this only makes me more anxious...
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest