Piglett121
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m currently taking epq at a level and I am wanting to base it around art. I have come up with the title “Does artistic expression influence behaviours within society?”
Does anyone have any suggestions or feedback?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Piglett121)
I’m currently taking epq at a level and I am waiting to base it around art. I have come up with the title “Does artistic expression influence behaviours within society?"
Does anyone have any suggestions or feedback?
It sounds very vague and not focussed enough.

You need a clear idea of what you are going to investigate.

What sort of artistic expression?
What society ?
What behaviours?
What influence?
How and to what extent?

How are you going to measure and define all these?

Have you done any initial research? If you havent, then you need to do the initial research. This will help you increase your knowledge about the above and enough ideas on what areas to explore and how you are going to run with your investigation. read 20+ articles to help you get an idea whether its a runner or not. Do you have 5000 words worth?
Piglett121
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
It sounds very vague and not focussed enough.

You need a clear idea of what you are going to investigate.

What sort of artistic expression?
What society ?
What behaviours?
What influence?
How and to what extent?

How are you going to measure and define all these?

Have you done any initial research? If you havent, then you need to do the initial research. This will help you increase your knowledge about the above and enough ideas on what areas to explore and how you are going to run with your investigation. read 20+ articles to help you get an idea whether its a runner or not. Do you have 5000 words worth?
Thank you this helps me a lot.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
Thank you this helps me a lot.
It might help you to look at the EPQ criteria and how they mark it. You can also look at examiners sports and absorb that advice of what they found and liked plus what they didnt. If you havent done the research but created the title, then that stops you exploring and you make a choice based on not a lot.

Talk to your tutor but it might be too fuzzy a title unless you have a clear idea what it means and what you will explore. You need structure and to consider the reader.

If you pick a title and it just becomes too hard then dont be afraid to ditch it and look at something else.
Piglett121
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
It might help you to look at the EPQ criteria and how they mark it. You can also look at examiners sports and absorb that advice of what they found and liked plus what they didnt. If you havent done the research but created the title, then that stops you exploring and you make a choice based on not a lot.

Talk to your tutor but it might be too fuzzy a title unless you have a clear idea what it means and what you will explore. You need structure and to consider the reader.

If you pick a title and it just becomes too hard then dont be afraid to ditch it and look at something else.
Thank you very much.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
Thank you very much.
See how you get on with the above and get a detailed plan to show you it has potential. If it doesnt then you are going to be struggling for 5000 words.
This is the value of doing your initial research.

I tend to suggest looking at a few areas and keeping a list of 3-5 titles then narrowing them down as others spark more interest and some fall by the way side.
Dont become a hostage to your title. Post back if you get stuck.
Piglett121
Rep:
?
“Does controversial art contribute to increasingly immoral behaviour?”
Does this title work?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (18)
6.98%
They might tell the bully (26)
10.08%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.28%
It might lead to more bullying (93)
36.05%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.62%

Watched Threads

Latest