What does university college london (UCL) look for in a law studnet

Watch this thread
Nal678
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What does UCL look for in a law students application and personal satment ? Ie. do they prefer student to do epq ..outer school activities ( but what kind of activities ?)
username3731912
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
they take LNAT into account a lot
you don't need epq but if you do it it's good to talk about in your ps
not extra curriculars, more like super curriculars
the main thing is academic
Nal678
Rep:
But would they take anyone who hasnt done the lnat ?
charlotte100200
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nal678)
What does UCL look for in a law students application and personal satment ? Ie. do they prefer student to do epq ..outer school activities ( but what kind of activities ?)
I wouldn't worry too much about extra cirricular stuff
I'm currently a UCL law student and I barely did anything exceptional on my personal statement
I didn't do EPQ and didn't bother writing about anything extra cirricular because to me it made no sense to include it because it wasn't relevant. The only thing "extra" I included in my personal statment was a bit about the opinions of a law book (that I hadn't even read) and a visit to the old bailey to watch a murder trial
The important thing to remeber is why is what you're writing relevant? Always make every point you make answer a question about why you want to study law, or why you're suitable for that course etc.
Nal678
Rep:
(Original post by charlotte100200)
I wouldn't worry too much about extra cirricular stuff
I'm currently a UCL law student and I barely did anything exceptional on my personal statement
I didn't do EPQ and didn't bother writing about anything extra cirricular because to me it made no sense to include it because it wasn't relevant. The only thing "extra" I included in my personal statment was a bit about the opinions of a law book (that I hadn't even read) and a visit to the old bailey to watch a murder trial
The important thing to remeber is why is what you're writing relevant? Always make every point you make answer a question about why you want to study law, or why you're suitable for that course etc.
Did you do LNAT FOR UCL ( university college london )?
Bk4753
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
You need stellar grades+lnat (a*aa min). Your subject doesn't even really matter with law.

Personal statements are personal, not sure what you want us to tell you abt that... I guess show demonstrable interest in Law?

ecs don't really matter, but try and get some experience at a firm (provided you have the right predicteds; they won't look at you without those)
charlotte100200
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Did you do LNAT FOR UCL ( university college london )?
Yeah you have to do the LNAT though you have to do it for any good uni to do law
I scored kind of averagely in mine I think?
It doesn’t really matter a huge lot, I wouldn’t worry about it anyway, it’s not like you can prep in it.
If you’re looking at an overall thing, I did kinda averagely in my LNAT and had a personal statement that wasn’t amazingly unique or different, just very focused. That got me an offer of A*AA ((just like anyone else taking the course))
It’s really not that hard I wouldn’t worry about it
Just make sure your statement is relevant and do your LNAT and you’ll be fine
(( I feel like it’s important to mention you HAVE to do the LNAT. I didn’t do it for Oxford and the told me they wouldn’t consider me for interview bc I hadn’t done it lmao make sure you do it ))
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (19)
18.81%
The paper was reasonable (34)
33.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (34)
33.66%
It was TERRIBLE (14)
13.86%

Watched Threads