The Student Room Group

My mum is the most ungrateful person I have ever met

Today is her birthday I made her scrambled eggs and a tomato avocado sandwich and a cup of tea.I got her a cheese cake and put birthday candles in the cake I also got her some fruit.I am trying my hardest and she is so ungrateful.She keeps crying about her break up with her boyfriend of 4 years who is the biggest piece of sh*t I have ever met.He didn't treat her that well to be honest they were always arguing and he wasn't very supportive and loving in my opinion.

Now she is shouting her head off and blaming me that her relationship had fallen apart.He didn't even treat her that well she should stop crying over some piece of sh*t and move on.I have been looking after my mum for 18 bloody years.I have been with her through thick and thin.

I am sorry if I sound insensitive but the situation is really pissing me off.Instead of being grateful for what she has and the positive things in her life she chooses to waste her time crying over some piece of sh*t.
Original post by Anonymous
Today is her birthday I made her scrambled eggs and a tomato avocado sandwich and a cup of tea.I got her a cheese cake and put birthday candles in the cake I also got her some fruit.I am trying my hardest and she is so ungrateful.She keeps crying about her break up with her boyfriend of 4 years who is the biggest piece of sh*t I have ever met.He didn't treat her that well to be honest they were always arguing and he wasn't very supportive and loving in my opinion.

Now she is shouting her head off and blaming me that her relationship had fallen apart.He didn't even treat her that well she should stop crying over some piece of sh*t and move on.I have been looking after my mum for 18 bloody years.I have been with her through thick and thin.

I am sorry if I sound insensitive but the situation is really pissing me off.Instead of being grateful for what she has and the positive things in her life she chooses to waste her time crying over some piece of sh*t.

Your actions are cute but in my opinion you should understand her about her break up, break up is tough
When you put a man before your children. That is wrong.
Birthdays can be a difficult time; they often force a person to look back over the past year, or their life. Her birthday must have made the pain of the breakup feel more pronounced. Sounds like the first birthday she’s had without him as well. It might be good to try to understand her pain, to empathise. People love who they love; it often doesn’t make any sense.

She shouldn’t have taken it out on you. Leave her to calm down, and maybe tomorrow you can gently let her know that, although you’re sorry she’s upset, you felt hurt by her shouting at you.
Reply 4
Your actions are cute but in my opinion you should understand her about her break up, break up is tough

I know break ups are meant to be tough but this guy has made my mum cry enough times and the fact that she does not see that annoys me so much.I am here for her and love her unconditionally yet it feels like so piece of sh*t is more important than me.I feel like I don't matter to her and some man is more important than me.I try so hard to make her happy despite my own academic life being in absolute shambles and having things I care most about falling apart I still try and put a brave face on and continue living.
Should of thrown the cheese cake in her face, show her who's boss.
Reply 6
Original post by That'sGreat
Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

??????
Sounds like she's not over it just let her know you there that you love her and if she needs to talk about it you'll listen do not criticise the guy she knows he a pice of **** and it her place to say so if you say it no matter how you say it it will come across wrong.I think she just needs time in the end the pain will fade and then go just make sure she knows your there for her.
I know break ups are meant to be tough but this guy has made my mum cry enough times and the fact that she does not see that annoys me so much.I am here for her and love her unconditionally yet it feels like so piece of sh*t is more important than me.I feel like I don't matter to her and some man is more important than me.I try so hard to make her happy despite my own academic life being in absolute shambles and having things I care most about falling apart I still try and put a brave face on and continue living.

Life is tough. I am not sure what to reply.
Try and understand how she feels. I get that you did some really nice stuff and it feels like she's ungrateful but break ups are really tough. Just give her time.

Wow you are an amazing human being!! So kind-hearted! :smile: :biggrin:

That man is a piece of trash. You are not at fault at all.

I think you should give her some space and then talk to her about why she keeps going on about that man, and how she can move forward - some therapy from a professional can actually help. I think she might be looking for some kind of positive direction; moving forward, heck, moving anywhere, is better than staying in the same spot. She ought to direct her negative energy toward something productive, something to keep her busy and off from feeling sorry for herself. Maybe a community and encouraging social circle to help her too.

I hope things turn out better for all of you. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending