The Student Room Group

5 choices all same entry requirements?

Hi there,

I am applying for university courses in History, and so far have chosen 5 courses with 4 of them having AAA as entry requirements (which I already have, took a gap year), an one with ABB.

Is it a wise idea to use up so many choices with courses which require such high entry requirements? I understand that if I were waiting for my results still, I should vary the level of entry requirements with my course choices. However, since I have already got the required grades, would it be harmful.

My choices by the way are: Oxford, UCL, LSE, KCL and University of Edinburgh. I plan to study History.

Thanks!
If you already have AAA, then there's really no need to apply to courses asking for lower grades- you don't need an insurance choice, after all.

However, I would say that you have chosen 4 very competitive unis in Oxford/UCL/KCL/LSE (for history especially) and these institutions do reject lots of great applicants every year. Regardless of entry requirements, it may be better to have 2/5 choices be a bit less competitive. However, if you are a bit of a risk taker by nature, you may be fine with this level of risk!
Original post by SarcAndSpark
If you already have AAA, then there's really no need to apply to courses asking for lower grades- you don't need an insurance choice, after all.

However, I would say that you have chosen 4 very competitive unis in Oxford/UCL/KCL/LSE (for history especially) and these institutions do reject lots of great applicants every year. Regardless of entry requirements, it may be better to have 2/5 choices be a bit less competitive. However, if you are a bit of a risk taker by nature, you may be fine with this level of risk!

risk it for a biscuit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending