The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Dissertation HELP

Hello! I am writing my final year 10000 word dissertation and am wondering if i have done too much research.. with 5000 word notes on the readings ive done.
Original post by AandAonly
Hello! I am writing my final year 10000 word dissertation and am wondering if i have done too much research.. with 5000 word notes on the readings ive done.

Have you discussed this with your supervisor/tutor? It depends on whether or not you're going to use all that research. I'm almost certain you'll never use all of it.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
Have you discussed this with your supervisor/tutor? It depends on whether or not you're going to use all that research. I'm almost certain you'll never use all of it.

yes ive discussed it and i got told that i should do more. once i have done plenty im going to choose certain parts of it to use in the dissertation; use the whole thing to find gaps in knowledge then decide the type of first hand research i am going to do. I have 12 weeks and 4th week is almost over. so i have 2/3rds of the time left to actually carry out first hand research and write up the whole dissertation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending