Predicted grades being BBB what unis are good for law Watch

knowyourrole
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If one has been pedicted BBB at A level what really good unis are there that may give me an offer for law
I was thinking of apply to a russel group anyone got any advice

Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
tom123h456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no chance
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Liverpool.
Audrey18
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by knowyourrole)
If one has been pedicted BBB at A level what really good unis are there that may give me an offer for law

uni of liverpool. its easy to get in, sometimes they allow people with lesser grades to get in, their law course is usually under-subscribed and cost of living in liverpool is quite low. also the marking standard in liverpool uni is lenient and its easy to get a 2:1. stress levels are also low.

(Original post by Notoriety)
Liverpool.
agreed.
username3917068
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In terms of Russell group...have a look at unis with AAB - ABB but are not strict enough to enforce them. (You should be able to research the uni entry requirements for yourself, research skill is vital in law).

Spoiler:
Show
Liverpool
Cardiff

Do you think the predicted grades are accurate? You can choose a lenient AAA university if you wish (Nottingham, Manchester etc...), do it at your own risk, sway them over with your PS if you know how to BS.

*Edit: Or Nottingham Trent if you are a 'The Guardian' groupie
username3731912
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JamieK03)
In terms of Russellgroup...have a look at unis with AAB - ABB but are not strict enough to enforce them. (You should be able to research the uni entry requirements for yourself, research skill is vital in law).

Spoiler:
Show

Liverpool
Cardiff

Do you think the predicted grades are accurate? You can choose a lenient AAA university if you wish (Nottingham, Manchester etc...), do it at your own risk, sway them over with your PS if you know how to BS.

*Edit: Or Nottingham Trent if you are a 'The Guardian' groupie
nottingham may not be as lenient, their requirements have already moved down from A*AA and it needs LNAT
username3731912
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
liverpool is a good one but it is no longer RG right?
kent is good
possibly manchester, lancaster? is there any way to move up to ABB?
username3917068
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anonymous1231231)
nottingham may not be as lenient, their requirements have already moved down from A*AA and it needs LNAT
In my personal experience, they were quite lenient (more so than Manchester in terms of what they wanted from me). I’ve talked to a few others who were accepted with grades as low as ABB.

Ofc this is not a game of ‘a stranger said this on TSR so it must be true’ but just putting it out there for OP so they can make their own informed decision on what uni to pick.

The LNAT might be a good thing, for OP to prove to Nottingham that the predicted grades does not do him justice. Ofc it might backfire completely to but who knows?
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
liverpool is a good one but it is no longer RG right?
kent is good
possibly manchester, lancaster? is there any way to move up to ABB?
Wikipedia is your friend. Liverpool is still RG.
username3731912
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In my personal experience, they were quite lenient (more so than Manchester in terms of what they wanted from me). I’ve talked to a few others who were accepted with grades as low as ABB.

Ofc this is not a game of ‘a stranger said this on TSR so it must be true’ but just putting it out there for OP so they can make their own informed decision on what uni to pick.

The LNAT might be a good thing, for OP to prove to Nottingham that the predicted grades does not do him justice. Ofc it might backfire completely to but who knows?
true true, and it's good some people got in with those grades, my cousin didn't get accepted with AAB though but who knows maybe it was other parts of his application
username3731912
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wikipedia is your friend. Liverpool is still RG.
lool my cousin who goes there told it it was gonna lose their status...guess it was a rumour or something.
username3917068
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lool my cousin who goes there told it it was gonna lose their status...guess it was a rumour or something.
Lol, is this the same cousin that didn't get into Nottingham?
BahozM
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try Oxbridge
Ak4753
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

The reason why you're unlikely to find many top places that'll accept that is that the firms themselves have UCAS filters (ABB> except for mitigating circs). Thus, if I were you I'd focus on exceeding those predictions on the real thing and applying the year after.
username3731912
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lol, is this the same cousin that didn't get into Nottingham?
funny coincidence but yeah
Ak4753
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BahozM)
Try Oxbridge
red card challenge.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ak4753)
The reason why you're unlikely to find many top places that'll accept that is that the firms themselves have UCAS filters (ABB> except for mitigating circs). Thus, if I were you I'd focus on exceeding those predictions on the real thing and applying the year after.
Most firms don't have such requirements, so your theory doesn't make sense.

Most top unis require top grades because ... they're top unis which want top students. Nothing more and nothing less.
Ak4753
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most firms don't have such requirements, so your theory doesn't make sense.

Most top unis require top grades because ... they're top unis which want top students. Nothing more and nothing less.
Many top firms have those requirements. I can literally send you a table of their requirements unless you just wanna keep going off conjecture. Top Uni requirements correspond. It's a feedback loop. I wasn't talking about most firms. I was operating under the presumption that OP wanted to work at top firms seeing as he wants to apply to "really good schools."

Read first, plunge later.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Categorically untrue. It was an April Fool's in The Tab.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

You also have to remember that, were you to get BBB, it could preclude you from applying to the top firms, which often have A level requirements in addition to a degree requirement of AAB- ABB.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (171)
53.44%
18-20 years old (no) (38)
11.88%
20-25 years old (yes) (51)
15.94%
20-25 years old (no) (5)
1.56%
25-30 years old (yes) (20)
6.25%