Predicted grades being BBB what unis are good for law

Watch
knowyourrole
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If one has been pedicted BBB at A level what really good unis are there that may give me an offer for law
I was thinking of apply to a russel group anyone got any advice

Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
tom123h456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
no chance
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Liverpool.
Audrey18
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by knowyourrole)
If one has been pedicted BBB at A level what really good unis are there that may give me an offer for law

uni of liverpool. its easy to get in, sometimes they allow people with lesser grades to get in, their law course is usually under-subscribed and cost of living in liverpool is quite low. also the marking standard in liverpool uni is lenient and its easy to get a 2:1. stress levels are also low.

(Original post by Notoriety)
Liverpool.
agreed.
username3731912
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
nottingham may not be as lenient, their requirements have already moved down from A*AA and it needs LNAT
username3731912
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
liverpool is a good one but it is no longer RG right?
kent is good
possibly manchester, lancaster? is there any way to move up to ABB?
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by anonymous1231231)
liverpool is a good one but it is no longer RG right?
kent is good
possibly manchester, lancaster? is there any way to move up to ABB?
Wikipedia is your friend. Liverpool is still RG.
username3731912
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
true true, and it's good some people got in with those grades, my cousin didn't get accepted with AAB though but who knows maybe it was other parts of his application
username3731912
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wikipedia is your friend. Liverpool is still RG.
lool my cousin who goes there told it it was gonna lose their status...guess it was a rumour or something.
BahozM
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Try Oxbridge
Ak4753
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

The reason why you're unlikely to find many top places that'll accept that is that the firms themselves have UCAS filters (ABB> except for mitigating circs). Thus, if I were you I'd focus on exceeding those predictions on the real thing and applying the year after.
username3731912
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
funny coincidence but yeah
Ak4753
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BahozM)
Try Oxbridge
red card challenge.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ak4753)
The reason why you're unlikely to find many top places that'll accept that is that the firms themselves have UCAS filters (ABB> except for mitigating circs). Thus, if I were you I'd focus on exceeding those predictions on the real thing and applying the year after.
Most firms don't have such requirements, so your theory doesn't make sense.

Most top unis require top grades because ... they're top unis which want top students. Nothing more and nothing less.
Ak4753
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Most firms don't have such requirements, so your theory doesn't make sense.

Most top unis require top grades because ... they're top unis which want top students. Nothing more and nothing less.
Many top firms have those requirements. I can literally send you a table of their requirements unless you just wanna keep going off conjecture. Top Uni requirements correspond. It's a feedback loop. I wasn't talking about most firms. I was operating under the presumption that OP wanted to work at top firms seeing as he wants to apply to "really good schools."

Read first, plunge later.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by anonymous1231231)
lool my cousin who goes there told it it was gonna lose their status...guess it was a rumour or something.
Categorically untrue. It was an April Fool's in The Tab.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

You also have to remember that, were you to get BBB, it could preclude you from applying to the top firms, which often have A level requirements in addition to a degree requirement of AAB- ABB.
Ak4753
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
You also have to remember that, were you to get BBB, it could precule you from applying to the top firms, which often have A level requirements in addition to a degree requirement of AAB- ABB.
Goes without saying that this is obviously unless serious mitigating circumstances affected your grades/predictions.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ak4753)
Many top firms have those requirements. I can literally send you a table of their requirements unless you just wanna keep going off conjecture. Top Uni requirements correspond. It's a feedback loop. I wasn't talking about most firms. I was operating under the presumption that OP wanted to work at top firms seeing as he wants to apply to "really good schools."

Read first, plunge later.
No, they don't correspond. Top unis have A*AA entry requirements. Whereas the standard some elite firms use is ABB-AAB. The A-Level requirements of firms and unis are demonstrably disconnected. And these unis, for courses like English and history, have similarly high entry requirements.
Ak4753
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No, they don't correspond. Top unis have A*AA entry requirements. Whereas the standard some elite firms use is ABB-AAB. The A-Level requirements of firms and unis are demonstrably disconnected. And these unis, for courses like English and history, have similarly high entry requirements.
By top unis, I'm not necessarily referring to Oxbridge, LSE, UCL. I mean red brick, Top 30 unis. Most in that group unis have ABB/AAB and up minimum reqs (taking contextual offers into accounts) law requirements, which is what top firms want. But I accept that I may be wrong in why they correspond; It just seems that they do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (731)
33.87%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (922)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (410)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise