Did you hear about the teacher FIRED for coming out as gay? Watch

_R_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
This happened in Zimbabwe, where homosexuality is still illegal. I don't know if this will help much but there's a petition.
https://www.change.org/p/st-johns-co...eal-hovelmeier
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by _R_)
This happened in Zimbabwe, where homosexuality is still illegal. I don't know if this will help much but there's a petition.
This isn't Buzzfeed. Please don't CAPITALIZE random words for clicks. We have enough pathetic clickbait here already.
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Tootles)
This isn't Buzzfeed. Please don't CAPITALIZE random words for clicks. We have enough pathetic clickbait here already.
Nah, this is a Daily Mail headline (though OP screwed it up a bit - should have capitalised GAY too).

Buzzfeed would be: This teacher was FIRED. The reason may surprise you!
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Nah, this is a Daily Mail headline (though OP screwed it up a bit - should have capitalised GAY too).

Buzzfeed would be: This teacher was FIRED. The reason may surprise you!
ReAsOn #13 wIlL mAkE yOu DiE iNsIdE :dunce:
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by _R_)
er..link? you linked to a bid for a petition with a one-sided narrative; you didn't link to what ACTUALLY happened.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
ok so i got it.

he wasnt FIRED, he quit. hopefully this country prints out this petition and wipes their arse with it, and sticks to their laws. Petitions shouldn't impact official law, regardless of the law.

next.
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Petitions shouldn't impact official law, regardless of the law.
Why not? Petitions are an efficient way of getting large numbers of people to share their opinion. It is an obvious extension of democracy.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Why not? Petitions are an efficient way of getting large numbers of people to share their opinion. It is an obvious extension of democracy.
extension indeed. or as one would say, a REACH that should be ignored and tossed in the trash. Online petitions are trash. Maybe petitions with a group of people signing it in public at a council meeting is more considerable. But still, it's social, and as the government did not issue the petition to be signed, then it is an unofficial, informal referendum, and it needs to be revoked.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (57)
15.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (33)
9.04%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (72)
19.73%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (54)
14.79%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (40)
10.96%
How can I be the best version of myself? (109)
29.86%

Watched Threads