Slunja
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ive been tired everyday for the past 2 years now. I dont know what it is but im constantly sleepy. My eyes keep shutting in school and im constantly yawning even though i get enough sleep. My mental health isnt good but is this normal or what. I usually sleep for 16 hours in the holidays bc i cant get up. What should i do?
Ben878
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Do you have a regular sleeping pattern? Highly recommend you do so if not. And make sure it's not too little hours of sleep and not too many (16 is too many and will make your body think it should go into a mini hibernation state)

Is your sleep broken? If your sleep is broken (you wake up during the night for no 'good' reason), then it would be worth trying to help out your mental health as it could be a cause for this

Take care
bestbarbar
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Doctor.

It could be just because you’re a teenager, but 16 hours is way too much.

You might have ME, chronic sleep. It could be vitamin deficiency, iron and vitamin D are two that come to mind with tiredness. Maybe not enough exercise/sedentary lifestyle.

But you won’t know until you get medical advice.

GL
Slunja
Rep:
(Original post by Love for Love)
Do you have a regular sleeping pattern? Highly recommend you do so if not. And make sure it's not too little hours of sleep and not too many (16 is too many and will make your body think it should go into a mini hibernation state)

Is your sleep broken? If your sleep is broken (you wake up during the night for no 'good' reason), then it would be worth trying to help out your mental health as it could be a cause for this

Take care
I never wake up in the middle of my sleep. I sleep for around 6-8 hours on weekdays and sometimes weekends.
Slunja
Rep:
(Original post by bestbarbar)
Doctor.

It could be just because you’re a teenager, but 16 hours is way too much.

You might have ME, chronic sleep. It could be vitamin deficiency, iron and vitamin D are two that come to mind with tiredness. Maybe not enough exercise/sedentary lifestyle.

But you won’t know until you get medical advice.

GL
I know for a fact i lack iron and have anaemia but i 16 hours is the most ive ever slept. And thats on days where i dont do anyhting, but i understand it's still really unhealthy but i cant help it. I would wake up and then go back to sleep bc of no motivation
apple32
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Slunja)
I know for a fact i lack iron and have anaemia but i 16 hours is the most ive ever slept. And thats on days where i dont do anyhting, but i understand it's still really unhealthy but i cant help it. I would wake up and then go back to sleep bc of no motivation
That is your answer. You are anemic. That is what makes you tired all the time. Go see your GP. In the meantime, increase your iron intake to a normal level (some foods you can eat or snack on now that are high in iron: spinach, peanuts, potatoes, spaghetti. Try making yourself a spinach salad everyday and see if that helps.) It's already been 2 years, I'm not sure why you didn't go see a doctor before. This is serious.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.87%
Okay (109)
29.07%
A bit lacking (139)
37.07%
Not good at all (90)
24%

Watched Threads