Welcome to the MHoC – introduce yourself and join a party! Watch

PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Tories support freedom of speech as do Libers.
Tories support increasing police powers, Libers have opposed prior attempts.
Tories support streamlining the current NHS over outright privatisation, Libertarians support full privatisation.
Tories support the right to privacy as do Libers.
Tories support greater punishment for serious crimes and have passed bills this term increasing sentences, the Libertarians largely opposed these.
Tories support Brexit as do Libers (Liberals and Labour are the only remain parties round here).
Tories support education for all and have published numerous bills this term on the matter, the Libertarians largely voted with us on those i believe albeit released no bills of their own on the issue suggesting that it's a low priority to them.

Moral of the story, Brexit aside (though we do have some remain supporting members) you should probably join the Tories.
I actually disagree. I think TheRadishPrince would be best suited to the Lib Dems.

We of course strongly believe in freedom of speech.
We believe in protecting individual liberty and have pledged to put more funding into the police service.
We support the NHS and have pledged to ringfence its budget.
We ofcourse support the right to privacy.
We support decreasing sentences for minor crimes. As for major crimes, we’d look at it on a case by case basis and be pragmatic, though we’d probably generally oppose (probably the only disagreement we have).
We of course are a pro-EU party.
And we also have a heavy focus on education

It ultimately comes down to where your economics lay, as in terms of social policy I believe my party is the best fit.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
"Tories support freedom of speech"
LOL the chief whip missed that memo :toofunny:
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
I actually disagree. I think TheRadishPrince would be best suited to the Lib Dems.

We of course strongly believe in freedom of speech.
We believe in protecting individual liberty and have pledged to put more funding into the police service.
We support the NHS and have pledged to ringfence its budget.
We ofcourse support the right to privacy.
We support decreasing sentences for minor crimes. As for major crimes, we’d look at it on a case by case basis and be pragmatic, though we’d probably generally oppose (probably the only disagreement we have).
We of course are a pro-EU party.
And we also have a heavy focus on education

It ultimately comes down to where your economics lay, as in terms of social policy I believe my party is the best fit.
You have however historically opposed most measures to strengthen police powers. You cannot simply throw money at a problem.
We have just a passed budget which increases NHS funding at a sustainable rate, a budget that you opposed.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
You have however historically opposed most measures to strengthen police powers. You cannot simply throw money at a problem.
We have just a passed budget which increases NHS funding at a sustainable rate, a budget that you opposed.
True, but when you put it like that it’s rather broad and vague. Tell me what powers need to be increased and why and if it makes sense, we’ll support it. We believe a strong police force is necessary to protect liberty.

A budget that as a whole wasn’t sustainable, which is what counts.
TheRadishPrince
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
True, but when you put it like that it’s rather broad and vague. Tell me what powers need to be increased and why and if it makes sense, we’ll support it. We believe a strong police force is necessary to protect liberty.

A budget that as a whole wasn’t sustainable, which is what counts.
You've put a pretty convincing case forward I'll give you that!
I applied for your subforum a few days ago not really sure what I was doing (only just discovered all this then) so I guess that one still stands as I can't reapply now? If it's still there as a request to join that's fine as I'd definitely be interested now anyway to join having learnt more. Also is there any way to see your manifesto in full as I'm not seeing a full manifesto when I click your link it's just the Q&A?
CountBrandenburg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheRadishPrince)
I applied for your subforum a few days ago not really sure what I was doing (only just discovered all this then) so I guess that one still stands as I can't reapply now? If it's still there as a request to join that's fine as I'd definitely be interested now anyway to join having learnt more. Also is there any way to see your manifesto in full as I'm not seeing a full manifesto when I click your link it's just the Q&A?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1umq...w?usp=drivesdk

It was late coming out due to the Lib Dem’s having a leadership election right before the beginning of the election
4InchMeatSkid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My name is Louis, I’m from sutton, surrey, my study level is A Levels, I’m into defence, I’m a Conservative Party member and want to join them here, Remain, Coke, Five Guys, those who have crippling life-inhibiting illnesses shouldn’t be born
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 4InchMeatSkid)
My name is Louis, I’m from sutton, surrey, my study level is A Levels, I’m into defence, I’m a Conservative Party member and want to join them here, Remain, Coke, Five Guys, those who have crippling life-inhibiting illnesses shouldn’t be born
I would recommend for you to join the Libertarians instead, we have better banter, we support more radical defence increases than the Tories and we don’t want to cozy up to dictators like they do.

Our leader is Jammy Duel and he can discuss membership with you.
username257785
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My name is: RedLuxemburg

I'm from: Wales

My study level is: Postgraduate

My political interests are: Very wide rangeing but International/Defence is my best policy area.

The party I'm interested / involved in is: Leader of the Labour Party.

And a few questions:

Brexit – Leave or Remain? Remain and Revolt.

Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi Max

Favourite fast food? Indian/Nuggets

Political hero? Jesus of Nazareth, Rosa Luxemburg, Tony Benn and Barbara Castle

Most controversial political view?
Last edited by username257785; 1 year ago
CountBrandenburg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RedLuxemburg)
My name is: RedLuxemburg

I'm from: Wales

My study level is: Postgraduate

My political interests are: Very wide rangeing but International/Defence is my best policy area.

The party I'm interested / involved in is: Labour of the Labour Party.

And a few questions:

Brexit – Leave or Remain? Remain and Revolt.

Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi Max

Favourite fast food? Indian/Nuggets

Political hero? Jesus of Nazareth, Rosa Luxemburg, Tony Benn and Barbara Castle

Most controversial political view?
What does Labour of the Labour Party mean?
username257785
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CountBrandenburg)
Oops.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Name: Andrew97
Where am I from?: Hertfordshire
Study Level: Final year Undergrad
Politcal interests: Quite a few, I would say im most interested in foreign affairs and Infa
Party: I am currently the Deputy Leader of the Conservative party

Brexit: Leave
Coke or Pepsi? Neither, a cup of tea and I am cushty
Fast food: Pizza
Political Hero: A tough one, I admire the way Thatcher dealt with the Argies. Also Churchill
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Connor27)
I would recommend for you to join the Libertarians instead, we have better banter, we support more radical defence increases than the Tories and we don’t want to cozy up to dictators like they do.

Our leader is Jammy Duel and he can discuss membership with you.
And you accuse us of poaching? They've literally asked for the Tories, respect that choice.

ns_2 you have a newbie see 4 posts or so up ^
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CountBrandenburg)
It means he does all the work.:mmm:
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Hi, im the deputy leader of the Conservatives on here. Could I get some more information on your political views please? Thanks.
sibte
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My name is: (Sibte)
I'm from: (Pakistan)
My study level is: (GCSEs)
My political interests are: (Health)
The party I'm interested / involved in is: (Labour)

And a few questions:
Brexit – Leave or Remain? Leave EU with the best possible deal.
Coke or Pepsi? Umm Pepsi
Favourite fast food? Pizza
Political hero?

Tony Blair

Most controversial political view? No rights for LGBT, although I am a Social Democrats but I don't think we should mess with nature.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
And you accuse us of poaching? They've literally asked for the Tories, respect that choice.

ns_2 you have a newbie see 4 posts or so up ^
Cough Cough......

Although I don't have any UG powers...

SO will also tag Life_peer
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there. I'm the Leader of the TSR Conservative and Unionist Party over here, and would be more than happy to welcome you to the Party.

You can apply here. Please note all parties undergo checks on members before accepting them, and given that certain checks are beyond are control, this may take a while.

Regardless, in the meantime, as my deputy has said, could you articulate your political views a bit more, please.

Many thanks.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheRadishPrince)
Hey. I haven’t got perms to check at the moment, but it should still be there. If not, I’ll send you a PM to get you to re-apply. You should be in the party in absolutely no time. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
CountBrandenburg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ns_2)
Hi there. I'm the Leader of the TSR Conservative and Unionist Party over here, and would be more than happy to welcome you to the Party.

You can apply here. Please note all parties undergo checks on members before accepting them, and given that certain checks are beyond are control, this may take a while.

Regardless, in the meantime, as my deputy has said, could you articulate your political views a bit more, please.

Many thanks.
As a heads up, don’t be surprised if you get overwhelmed with technical RAF and plane stuff
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed