Welcome to the MHoC – introduce yourself and join a party! Watch

Malvinas Pirates
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
andrew98 plus ns_2

Would it be fine to join the Tory party you are running?
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Malvinas Pirates)
andrew98 plus ns_2

Would it be fine to join the Tory party you are running?
Of course.

Just describe your political standing a bit more to ensure you would be a good fit.

Many thanks, and we look forward to your contributions
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Perhaps the Conservative Party would work best then. The Libertarian Party is generally against more state intervention.

Nice to see you in the MHoC, I think I vaguely remember engaging with you in my AMA thread in UK Politics at eastertime.
We might have done. Uk politics made for great exam procrastination at easter.
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Vmex)
My name is: Vmex
I'm from: London
My study level is: final year A level
My political interests are: education,
The party I'm interested / involved in is: Labour Party

And a few questions:
Brexit – Leave or Remain? Remain
Coke or Pepsi? not into fizzy drinks but id pick coke
Favourite fast food? Tandori chicken and naan bread, kebab n many more
Political hero? dont have one
Most controversial political view? Money towards NHS, Ethanasia, Drugs legalisation
Hello and welcome to the model house of commons.

I'll tag the labour leader for you.

(Original post by RedLuxemburg)
X
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
That depends on who the welfare state is for because I am strongly against foreigners receiving any sort of welfare.

Government intervention is just common sense when the free market doesn't work in areas. Market failures don't always fix themselves and private companies don't take the risk needed to invest a lot of the time (that's a big bugbear of mine). Take Rolls Royce engines. Today it's world leading and is a cornerstone of British industry yet if it wasn't for the government it would have collapsed when investing in development of the RB211 and Britain would be without an asset. The government needs to step in sometimes or a foreign competitor will.

I agree on the need to privatise education. I wouldn't use a voucher system though I don't think. Surveillance for me is something I'm strongly in support of and place an emphasis on government intervention for social reasons so I've applied to the Conservatives

ns_2 thanks for the welcome I have applied to join
Fair enough; welcome to the MHOC.

Personally I do not distinguish between a foreigner being a disgusting leech reliant on welfare and a white British person doing so; these two types of people are equally repulsive.

If a business can’t survive by itself then it deserves to be replaced by a competitor, foreign or not. And besides government failure is almost always worse than market failure; free markets are more moral too by creating a rigid hierarchical framework that a socially conservative society can be superimposed over; economically left social conservatives are just bizzare and I don’t see how their ideal world would materialise.
Malvinas Pirates
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ns_2)
Of course.

Just describe your political standing a bit more to ensure you would be a good fit.

Many thanks, and we look forward to your contributions
I'm a proud supporter of the armed forces. I wish for the NHS to be better funded and strong immigration policies allowing skilled workers in while it is harder for unskilled workers.We should meet the Paris Climate Agreement.

That's all I can think of to sumarise at the minute
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We might have done. Uk politics made for great exam procrastination at easter.
Welcome to the MHoC anyway
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm a proud supporter of the armed forces. I wish for the NHS to be better funded and strong immigration policies allowing skilled workers in while it is harder for unskilled workers.We should meet the Paris Climate Agreement.

Do you mind answering my questions on the previous post?
Malvinas Pirates
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mr T 999)
Why are you joining the tories when you said you are SNP? Labour would have been a better party for you. The Conservatives are a unionist party you know.

What are your views regarding low tax, low expenditure, privatisation?
Low Tax encourages the movement of companies to enter the country bringing jobs and investment.

Low expenditure is better for the longterm as it prevents the national debt from soaring highand this defecit will only need to be sorted at some point within the future anyway so it is best to keep expenditure low and only spend what we can afford.

I prefer the idea of privatisation due to the following benefits:
Improved Efficiency – private companies have a profit incentive to cut costs and be more efficient.
Lack of Political Interference – Governments are motivated by political pressures rather than sound economic and business sense.
Short Term view – A government many think only in terms of next election
Shareholders – a private firm has pressure from shareholders to perform efficiently
Increased Competition – more firms mean greater competition and efficiency
Government will raise revenue from the sale – only a one off benefit and future dividends are lost.
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Low Tax encourages the movement of companies to enter the country bringing jobs and investment.

Low expenditure is better for the longterm as it prevents the national debt from soaring highand this defecit will only need to be sorted at some point within the future anyway so it is best to keep expenditure low and only spend what we can afford.

I prefer the idea of privatisation due to the following benefits:
Improved Efficiency – private companies have a profit incentive to cut costs and be more efficient.
Lack of Political Interference – Governments are motivated by political pressures rather than sound economic and business sense.
Short Term view – A government many think only in terms of next election
Shareholders – a private firm has pressure from shareholders to perform efficiently
Increased Competition – more firms mean greater competition and efficiency
Government will raise revenue from the sale – only a one off benefit and future dividends are lost.
It's weird seeing a right wing SNP.
Malvinas Pirates
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Surely the SNP is NATIONAL and cares mainly of it's country?
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn't say it's that odd – less so than you would expect. Don't forget that for most of its parliamentary lifetime the SNP was mostly seats in the rural north east of Scotland.

Also tonight shows what happens if you can get this thread (and some others) trending! Hello to all the new faces!
(That or someone's going on a proper duping spree, but I'll remain optimistic )
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Vmex)

And a few questions:
Most controversial political view? Money towards NHS, Ethanasia, Drugs legalisation
Hi there,

I’m Petros, the Leader of the Lib Dems. Would you perhaps consider my party? We have historically been in favour of legalising euthanasia and drugs, and pledged to ringfence the NHS budget at a minimum in our most recent manifesto from the General Election that has just finished.

It might be worth looking through the manifestos from the general election thread to check out the parties different policies
Rj011
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My name is: Rj011
I'm from: UK
My study level is: A-levels
My political interests are: Economic factors and International Affairs
The party I'm interested / involved in is: TSR National Conservative Party (The Tories)

And a few questions:
Brexit – Leave or Remain? - We voted to leave, let’s leave
Coke or Pepsi? - Coke
Favourite fast food? - Chicken and chips (yes I know typical)
Political hero? (Mrs. Theresa May - her resilience and determination is truly admirable) (Other than her - Mrs. Thatcher)
Most controversial political view? - We should not have a people’s vote 🗳 as it would undermine democracy as a whole and we would look like a laughing stock to the other countries. We would be seen as weak but not only that but we can’t vote multiple times for a desired outcome - We voted leave, let’s leave and let us get on with it
Last edited by Rj011; 1 year ago
username257785
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Vmex)

And a few questions:
Hello there,

I'm the leader of the Labour Party and your views fit perfectly into our broad church.

If you'd like to apply please let me know and after a quick check we can accept you.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rj011)
The party I'm interested / involved in is: TSR National Conservative Party (The Tories)

And a few questions:
Coke or Pepsi? - Coke
Political hero? (Mrs. Theresa May - her resilience and determination is truly admirable) (Other than her - Mrs. Thatcher)
Most controversial political view? - We should not have a people’s vote 🗳 as it would undermine democracy as a whole and we would look like a laughing stock to the other countries. We would be seen as weak but not only that but we can’t vote multiple times for a desired outcome - We voted leave, let’s leave and let us get on with it
Greetings. Why do you refer to the NCP.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Do You support Scottish Independence?

Also how far would you go to meet the Paris Climate accord. Do you simply want a move towards or do you advocate state subsidy and higher taxation to meet it.
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rj011)

And a few questions:
Coke or Pepsi? - Coke
Hello welcome to mhoc.

I'll tag the Conservative leader for you.

(Original post by ns_2)
X
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm open to anything. My views are wanting a society free from religious influence where cultures are one. I don't believe a lot of multiculturalism is a good thing instead it needs to be smaller and done in a way that assimilates people. There should be a dominant culture in Britain and people need to live by it if there is immigration they need to keep to the dominant culture. This means foreign criminals need to be deported straight away and they should have human rights when it comes to that. The same applies to hate preechers and anyone who doesn't want to live by the dominant culture. I also don't believe in accepting refugees which aren't genuine in my view

In economics the government needs to play an active role to make the country work for everyone. There is a role for government intervention to create companies, give state aid and give advantages to British companies etc... At the moment the government is too happy to see constant outsourcing and british companies being snapped up by foreigners. It needs to stop. The government can also improve transport and infrastructure to benefit us all. The government should build new hospitals for the nhs and incentivise private companies to build what's needed for the parts that need to be privatised, I think care that isn't emergency care.

I believe education cures poverty. There's a poverty trap. Poor children are born and live a life in their deprived communities and grow up without good life prospects and have their kids inside their deprived sohere. The problem is parents don't sit with their children and make sure they do their homework etc... Parents don't respect school as something valuable. If parents don't do it kids don't respect it and school becomes worthless for them. The government needs to step in to engage them more in school and make sure they have the grades to go forward by getting a degree, a good job, and moving out of the poverty trap. Education is the way to breaking the cycle. This way will end the dreadful class culture and gap

On the miscellaneous hot topics like transgender right then I believe there's only 2 genders. I'm against mass migration. I don't believe in green taxes. I don't believe in state pensions. I don't agree on total liberty (I support surveillance, mi, government spying etc...).

Hope that helps. I can answer any question if you want anything more specific.
Your basically one of the few people perfectly between us and the libertarians. There’s certainly a lot to agree with though.
Malvinas Pirates
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Do You support Scottish Independence?

Also how far would you go to meet the Paris Climate accord. Do you simply want a move towards or do you advocate state subsidy and higher taxation to meet it.
I used to support Scottish Independence however with Brexit on the way now is not the right time to cause further chaos with independence.

I think that if we simply move towards meeting the climate accord and have clean energy grants made available where the government can take your excess electricity produced and sell it on so over time the grant will be paid off this way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (432)
67.5%
No (208)
32.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise