My gf cheated on me at uni

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So my long term girlfriend went to Swansea uni and she had been there for 3 days before she "got very very drunk" and slept with a guy although she said she "didn't mean to do it" and she remembers nothing of it. All she remembers of it was kissing the guy back after he had tried kissing her a number of times. She admitted to it the next day but she wasnt begging for another chance she apologised a lot for it and said "maybe in the future if everything works out" to giving us another go. What should I do it feels like she didnt really care and just wants to keep me there if she gets lonely
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You are right, just dump her. She got that drunk of her own volition and she didn’t care about you, why bother with her.
tashkent46
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I understand your pain, these people have no shame
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This time of the year on TSR is just dire. Gives me little hope for humanity.
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Being drunk is never a valid excuse tbh.
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wish we could go back to the days where cheating was seen as something disgraceful and not simply to be shrugged off. I know I sound like I am exaggerating but that's how it feels these days, life is always worse for the person cheated on than the cheater.
1secondsofvamps
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The fact that she isnt begging for another chance seems like she doesnt care if you're still together or not
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Strange, you'd think a woman who got hefty drumk. slept with someone they didn't mean to and can't remember anything about it would be more concerned.
Violet Femme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ditch her. She'll likely repeat her behaviour.
Tootles
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tashkent46)
I wish we could go back to the days where cheating was seen as something disgraceful and not simply to be shrugged off. I know I sound like I am exaggerating but that's how it feels these days, life is always worse for the person cheated on than the cheater.
This.
username47781
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Get rid of her, she showed no remorse
CallmeBill
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Agree to ditch her.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Strange, you'd think a woman who got hefty drumk. slept with someone they didn't mean to and can't remember anything about it would be more concerned.
Yes the only thing she said she remembered was kissing the guy and then waking up in his room the next morning. She has no control when it comes to drink and can't say no to anyone. Even a few days after we were talking about trying to get it to work and i asked if she liked anyone else she said no not at the moment
agrew
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
NEXT!
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So my long term girlfriend went to Swansea uni and she had been there for 3 days before she "got very very drunk" and slept with a guy although she said she "didn't mean to do it" and she remembers nothing of it. All she remembers of it was kissing the guy back after he had tried kissing her a number of times. She admitted to it the next day but she wasnt begging for another chance she apologised a lot for it and said "maybe in the future if everything works out" to giving us another go. What should I do it feels like she didnt really care and just wants to keep me there if she gets lonely
I say get rid of her, because you're right about her not really caring and wanting to have you around in case she gets lonely and doesn't find someone she likes better. :/ Besides, it didn't take much for her to cheat on you like that.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Break up with her and move on. You deserve someone who loves and respects you.
username1329416
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Airmed)
This time of the year? My respect for humanity is put to the test virtually every time I log on here.

I do find you enjoyable to talk to, though, Airmed
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't understand why so many people are advising you to dump her. When she's dumped you already.

She hasn't cheated on you. She's dumped you when she's had sex with another man.

Anyone expecting their pre-uni romantic partners to stay with them and to stay faithful thoughout their university career needs to revise their expectations. It's rare for this to happen.

Good for your ex girlfriend for moving on quickly, being honest with you when it happened and taking the decisive action of dumping you sooner rather than later.

You got a girlfriend before. You can and will find another again.
Please don't feel sour and bitter about your ex girlfriends actions. Try to feel happy for her. And try to keep in a positive mindset yourself.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Airmed)
the only beacon of sense left standing on TSR lol, half these threads are about cheating, far left or far right people seeking attention
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cinyras)
This time of the year? My respect for humanity is put to the test virtually every time I log on here.

I do find you enjoyable to talk to, though, Airmed
This time of year though! All the freshers! Just do a Google search of TSR, lads, c'mon.

(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
the only beacon of sense left standing on TSR lol, half these threads are about cheating, far left or far right people seeking attention
Wouldn't be TSR, would it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.65%
No - I have already returned home (20)
12.66%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
20.89%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.86%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25.95%

Watched Threads