The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GANFYD
SGUL should be fine
Kings should be OK, but depends on deciles
Birmingham depends on your GCSE subject grades and contextual points

Look at Newcastle, Sheffield, Manchester, Glasgow, ARU, Plymouth, UEA, Lincoln, St Andrews, Southampton, score yourself for Leicester and Nottingham.

Thanks, How do I work out my contextual points for Birmingham?
Hi :smile:I did my UCAT a few days ago and I'm quite disappointed with my score. I got 2470, Band 3 and averaged at 617.5, which is a lot lower than my average while practising. I'm thinking of also doing the BMAT to widen my options and I'll probably apply to Cardiff as well but I was wondering if there are any other options for me with my score.Thanks
Reply 8822
Original post by awab68
Thanks, How do I work out my contextual points for Birmingham?

It is on their website and I am on my phone, and I’m too technically illiterate to link it
Original post by GANFYD
It is on their website and I am on my phone, and I’m too technically illiterate to link it

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/medical-school/applying-to-medicine/selection-for-interview.aspx
Original post by GANFYD
PRSOM
Need a job as a PA? 😊

Always happy to help you out wherever I can, the least I can do when you are so helpful to so many! ☺️
UCAT: 2470 Band 3 (average 617.5)
GCSEs: 9 (Bio), 9 (RS), 8 (Chem), 8 (Physics), 8 (Eng. lit.), 8 (Eng. lang) ,8 (Japanese), 8 (History), 7 (Maths), 7 (Art), 6 (Drama)
A-level predicted: A*AA (Bio, Chem, Psych)
I'm also thinking of doing BMAT to widen my options.
(edited 3 years ago)
i would appreciate
GCSE- 9 (Bio) ,9 (Chem) ,9 (Eng Lit) ,8 (Physics) ,8 (Maths) ,8 (RS), 7 (History), 7 (French) ,6 ( Electronics) , 6 in Eng lang
UCAT-607.5 (ave) Band2
Pred AAA
which medical school could apply to and possibly get interview? Thanks @GANFYD
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by khangee
i would appreciate
GCSE-9998887766
UCAT-607(ave) Band2
Pred AAA
which medical school could apply? Thanks

In order for the experts to help you, it helps to give a breakdown of your GCSE subjects (particularly the 7s and 6s)
Hi can i have some advice as to where to apply please!!
My stats are all 9/8's in 9 GCSES
UCAT 2670
A*AA A-level predictions
Thank you so much

Spoiler

GCSE:
A* Arabic
8 Maths
7 English Lang
7 RS
6s in all Chem bio and physics
the rest 5s
UCAT-610 B1
Pred AAA

which unis can you recommend guys
Reply 8832
Original post by ChemGirl95
Always happy to help you out wherever I can, the least I can do when you are so helpful to so many! ☺️

Thank you :smile:
I need some help.

I had 9 (9s) and 1 (8) in my GCSEs
Likely Prediction for A levels : A*AA min or A*A*A
Just got 2840 Band 1 for UCAT

Very worried now.
Which universities am I very likely to get interviews.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by lil longlegs
GCSE:
A* Arabic
8 Maths
7 English Lang
7 RS
6s in all Chem bio and physics
the rest 5s
UCAT-610 B1
Pred AAA

which unis can you recommend guys

Your're going to be limited with < five 7's and that UCAT score I'm afraid unless you have WP flags for any med schools? Are you doing the BMAT?
Original post by ManomiteYT
Hey My UCAT was VR = 510 , DM= 570 , QR= 690 , AR= 720. Overall: 2490 and Band 1 in SJ.(Dissapointed way lower than expected got given difficult qs and lots of tables in QR!)
My GCSE were 9/8s in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Deisgn technology. My 7s were in Both english, Geography, German and Computer Science. Got a B in Additional Maths.

Wondering if Liverpool, Cardiff, Keele, Manchester, UCL or Angela Ruskin would allow me to enter?

Hello! I am really glad to see that you are considering Keele as an option! The GCSE entry requirements for Keele are a minimum of 5 7s, with a minimum of 6 in Maths, English Language and Sciences. The minimum UCAT requirement in a total score of 2280. Therefore your grades do meet the requirements! The minimum A level requirements will be 3As.The shortlisting for the interviews at Keele are done using the roles and responsibilities form, therefore if you thin you have enough experience for an effective R&R form, Keele would be a good option you. :smile:
Why you so worried?
Your UCAT score is amazing and you have a VERY good academic profile
You’ll probably bag an interview with most schools.
Just need to make sure your personal statement is good now.

I managed to scrape two interviews with a less than average score of 2480
Original post by whoisevasmith
Thank you so much!

Don't worry! That is what I am here for! :smile:
Original post by jeff67965988
Hi, here are my stats:
UCAT- 2310, SJT Band 3
GCSE- 988888776- (English language 8, Maths 7)
A-levels predictions- 3 A*s
I was thinking Exeter, Keele, Cardiff and Liverpool and I am not considering doing the BMAT.
I'm open to suggestions, Thanks!

Hello! I am glad that you are considering Keele! I just wanted to let you know that your grades all seem to meet the minimum requirements at Keele but if you have any further questions regarding the admissions process or the university, please don't hesitate to ask me on here. :smile:
Hey! Here are my stats:
GCSE (11 A* in total): 6x 9s in Biology, Physics, Geography, Spanish, English Lit, English Lang
4x 8s in Maths, Chemistry, History, Latin
A* in Mandarin
A-Level predictions: A* Chemistry, A* Biology, A* English Lit, A Maths
UCAT: 3180 (795 avg) Band 2
Possible unis: Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, King's, St George's
Personal Statement: I have 1 year+ of volunteering, 1 week hospital placement, 2 day GP placement, writing a literature review

What are my chances like for the unis I've put down? Any idea of what my percentile my UCAT score would be?
Since my UCAT score is high, is it worth putting 2 UCAT unis to maximise interview chances and just in case BMAT goes badly? I don't like the UCAT unis as much as the BMAT ones but don't want to waste my score lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending