Failed unfairly for stupid reasons on my Driving Tests

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
RANT AHEAD.

This is the 4th time I failed! I am this unlucky. I had so many unlucky life experiences with tests in general ( 1 mark away from passing, redo an exam 4 times and getting the same measly grade again etc).

1st test: The examiner failed me fairly as he had to intervene , when I was moving off. Fair enough.

2nd test: Another fair examiner, failed me de to my lack of observation when I was reversing.

But oh boi the other two are complete nutcases.

3rd test: I drove perfectly, but this douche failed me because he thought I drove slow at one particular moment. It was a 30mph road, I slowed down to 20mph due to on coming hazards, then I sped up again. I didn't cause any problems for other drivers, no cars overtook me, no one beeped me, no obstructions...nothing.

During the test, he didn't even indicate to me that I was driving 'too slow' in that moment.

He could just gave me a minor , but nah a serious. Utter ****.

4th test: I polished everything up. So I was driving well but the examiner failed in the end. This douche failed me due to my'positioning'of the car.

We was in a narrow road, I was on my lane, there is a divider line in the middle of the road, of course I won't cross the other lane. So the instructor told me to be more close to the left which I followed, while driving I caused NO obstructions for other drivers to move. The examiner didn't need to intervene, He didn't even need to steer the wheel. I allowed other drivers to go through perfectly. But nah...this **** failed me because he felt I was not close enough to the curb.

Like again, this is a minor fault. I haven't caused any obstructions or danger for it to be a serious!?

My new driving instructor knows that this was ********, that I am getting failed for stupid minor things. He knows I am a capable driver and he even had his tracker on his phone to see if I was driving smoothly.

Unbelievable.

In my last two tests, I thought the problem was me. I blamed myself and felt like a **** complete utter failure. My confidence hit an all time low after the third test, but after experiencing the 4th exam. I don't think its me, I think its the ****ing examiners in that test centre. Some of them are utter ***** that'll fail you on minor mistakes. If I take my test there again, I am bound to be failed on something stupid.

I am considering to change test centres to see if I am able to pass in another area. Failing 4 times did my head in and now I am scared if I am going to fail the 5th time.

I don't know if I am this unlucky or I am just not suited for the road. This is all too fustrating.
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It took 8 times for my cousin to pass her driving test, and she’s the best driver I know now, whenever I go on an Uber I feel like this is where I die, they need to focus on the most microscopic things, which is quite stupid because I’ve seen many drivers who completely suck at driving, and of course they have there driving license, keep at it, and after you pass tell the instructor to watch his back on the road
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
RANT AHEAD.

This is the 4th time I failed! I am this unlucky. I had so many unlucky life experiences with tests in general ( 1 mark away from passing, redo an exam 4 times and getting the same measly grade again etc).

This is all too fustrating.
Take your driving instructor in the car with you next time. Then you have an opinion which might be listened to.
julietlima3
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If what you say is true, those should be minors and not majors. Unless you consistently made the same mistakes.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I trust the experience of the examiners over a learner. End of.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sounds like you failed for valid reasons. Driving too slowly can be dangerous, and being too close to the middle of the road is also dangerous.

You need to stop being bitter and work on improving your driving to avoid making these mistakes.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Obviously you are bias in favour of yourself so I'm sure if they failed you on those points it was for good reason.
cbaforcba
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maybe if you failed once or twice, but failing four times clearly shows you are a bad driver, doesn't mean you can't improve though
Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
RANT AHEAD.

1st test: The examiner failed me fairly as he had to intervene , when I was moving off. Fair enough.

2nd test: Another fair examiner, failed me de to my lack of observation when I was reversing.

3rd test: I drove perfectly, but this douche failed me because he thought I drove slow at one particular moment. It was a 30mph road, I slowed down to 20mph due to on coming hazards, then I sped up again. I didn't cause any problems for other drivers, no cars overtook me, no one beeped me, no obstructions...nothing.

During the test, he didn't even indicate to me that I was driving 'too slow' in that moment.

4th test: I polished everything up. So I was driving well but the examiner failed in the end. This douche failed me due to my'positioning'of the car.

We was in a narrow road, I was on my lane, there is a divider line in the middle of the road, of course I won't cross the other lane. So the instructor told me to be more close to the left which I followed, while driving I caused NO obstructions for other drivers to move. The examiner didn't need to intervene, He didn't even need to steer the wheel. I allowed other drivers to go through perfectly. But nah...this **** failed me because he felt I was not close enough to the curb.

Like again, this is a minor fault. I haven't caused any obstructions or danger for it to be a serious!?

My new driving instructor knows that this was ********, that I am getting failed for stupid minor things. He knows I am a capable driver and he even had his tracker on his phone to see if I was driving smoothly.

Unbelievable.

In my last two tests, I thought the problem was me. I blamed myself and felt like a **** complete utter failure. My confidence hit an all time low after the third test, but after experiencing the 4th exam. I don't think its me, I think its the ****ing examiners in that test centre. Some of them are utter ***** that'll fail you on minor mistakes. If I take my test there again, I am bound to be failed on something stupid.

I am considering to change test centres to see if I am able to pass in another area. Failing 4 times did my head in and now I am scared if I am going to fail the 5th time.

I don't know if I am this unlucky or I am just not suited for the road. This is all too fustrating.
Think yourself lucky lol. My useless brother in law has failed his theory test over 4 times. At least you have passed the theory and are one step closer to getting a full licence than he is.
FiascoQueen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Oneiropólos)
It took 8 times for my cousin to pass her driving test, and she’s the best driver I know now, whenever I go on an Uber I feel like this is where I die, they need to focus on the most microscopic things, which is quite stupid because I’ve seen many drivers who completely suck at driving, and of course they have there driving license, keep at it, and after you pass tell the instructor to watch his back on the road
Thanks, its just fustrating how I am getting failed for stupid reasons. Like theres this saying that those who passed the 1st time are usually rubbish drivers, but those who passed the 2nd or 3rd time, are better drivers. For me it took 4 times, and I am getting more overwhelmed, and its not with driving only but its other parts of life.

I am constantly under-achieveing, no matter how hard I work.

Maybe its my perception to life, maybe I am starting to become superstitous... a lot of things haven't worked out for me. I know others feel the same way about this too, but constant failure does your head in.

Thank you for the kind words nonetheless. I feel a bit more motivated.
FiascoQueen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by julietlima3)
If what you say is true, those should be minors and not majors. Unless you consistently made the same mistakes.
Nope, not consistent. Not at all. Its random new 'mistakes'. Which seems off, even my instructors find it strange, as they know I have no problems with positioning and speed.
FiascoQueen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Sounds like you failed for valid reasons. Driving too slowly can be dangerous, and being too close to the middle of the road is also dangerous.

You need to stop being bitter and work on improving your driving to avoid making these mistakes.
It sounds like I failed for valid reasons but its much different when you are in the exam.

Believe me, I wish I was bitter sod, whose just complaining over something minor and move on from it....but it really isn't the case.

They failed me over something which was unnecessary.

What more is there to improve? My instructor is wondering what else is there. I had different driving instructors to take me out to a mock pratical, and they said theres nothing wrong with my driving.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FiascoQueen)
It sounds like I failed for valid reasons but its much different when you are in the exam.

Believe me, I wish I was bitter sod, whose just complaining over something minor and move on from it....but it really isn't the case.

They failed me over something which was unnecessary.

What more is there to improve? My instructor is wondering what else is there. I had different driving instructors to take me out to a mock pratical, and they said theres nothing wrong with my driving.
Okay let me rephrase... you did fail for valid reasons.

You can be a good driver most of the time, but if during your test you make mistakes that's all that matters. My dad is a good driver and he's been driving for 40+ years, but I can say with a good amount of certainty that if he were to take a driving test now he would fail because everybody makes small mistakes when driving, lots of which would fail you in a test.

Just keep practicing and retake your test. No point complaining about it. If you were such a perfect driver like you're implying, you would have passed with 0 minors. No point dwelling on it, just keep practising and try and pass next time.
Jono*
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
RANT AHEAD.

Unbelievable.

that sucks ass0, in my driving test there was no minimum speed, and it was so easy lol where I'm from you have to be slow (mentally) to not pass first time.
AnharM
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
1st test: How did your instructor think you were ready when you can't even move off by yourself? That is daft.

2nd test: Fair enough.

3rd test: Can you specify what the oncoming hazards were? My instructor told me you should never slow down for people waiting to walk across the road, it isn't an oncoming hazard and it slows down everyone else behind you, which infuriates other drivers. They don't need to horn at you to show their frustration. 20mph is WAY too slow for a 30mph road, that is very bad.

4th test: As for positioning, you're only making it more difficult for drivers in the other lane. You have to use the space on the road efficiently. If you did it once or twice, it should be a minor. If you did it throughout, then it becomes a major.
AnharM
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
Think yourself lucky lol. My useless brother in law has failed his theory test over 4 times. At least you have passed the theory and are one step closer to getting a full licence than he is.
LOL how do people fail their theory test
SomeWelshGuy123
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AnharM)
1st test: How did your instructor think you were ready when you can't even move off by yourself? That is daft.

3rd test: Can you specify what the oncoming hazards were? My instructor told me you should never slow down for people waiting to walk across the road, it isn't an oncoming hazard and it slows down everyone else behind you, which infuriates other drivers. They don't need to horn at you to show their frustration. 20mph is WAY too slow for a 30mph road, that is very bad.

4th test: As for positioning, you're only making it more difficult for drivers in the other lane. You have to use the space on the road efficiently. If you did it once or twice, it should be a minor. If you did it throughout, then it becomes a major.
Depends for the 4th one, could be seen as creating a hazard for oncoming drivers, which in that case would be a major fault.
AnharM
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)
Depends for the 4th one, could be seen as creating a hazard for oncoming drivers, which in that case would be a major fault.
Very true.
FiascoQueen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AnharM)

Yeah the first two tests, I can admit to failing, they failed me fairly, plus I had a rubbish driving instructor at that time. So I changed to a new instructor and started from scratch.

So for the third test: Its not pedestrians, the oncoming hazard was an unexpected fast car coming from a minor road to the left. I was on the main road, so I had to slow down, then accelerate again. I know 20mph is bad for a 30mph road, like why else I keep checking the speed metre every 10 seconds. Like with other 30mph road I was fine, he even said it himself, but in that moment he thought I wasn't fast enough to accelerate again. Like how can it be the case when, you have to transition to a different gear to adjust to the speed. I felt like this particular examiner was bias.

Fourth test: Oh boi. It was ONCE. Not consistent, only once. It was near the end of my test on one really narrow road, he failed me because I wasn't close enough. I was on my lane, close to the curb. He wanted me really close like 1 inch to it. I haven't caused any obstructions at all, I didn't annoy any other drivers. He failed me over something so pointless.
Hr.blink
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I actually think that is really unfair to say. I just took my test for the first time and I failed. I failed Because a lorry Wanted to be in my lane on the dual carriageway and I apparently didn’t consider that he couldn’t go very fast and should have let him in. He went into the fast lane for me. He should have dropped back and pulled in behind me. I didn’t have a clear sheet I was very nervous and had six minors. But let me let you something. My sister passed her test Tuesday and totalled her car Thursday. So let me rephrase this all for YOU... stop being so high and mighty. Actually consider that If there is no One else involved it is a minor. Just because you passed your test doesn’t necessarily mean your a good driver. Finally, If we go by your logic then you Dad is not a good driver if he would fail his test.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (104)
13.33%
I'm not sure (34)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.9%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
48.97%

Watched Threads