Met police detective constable shl verbal reasoning test Watch

Appli12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by cort1212)
Hey,

When did you find out about your Day 3? I've passed the rest yet haven't heard anything about Day 3! Not sure if I should be worried!!
Hey, it took about 5 weeks for me to be invited to Day 3 after doing my Day 2
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Bihani
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have been to my Day 1 today, the time was too short to finish written test and video based test. I think I did well in VR and one of the interaction. I terribly missed the last para of written as it was a pen down order. I donot know what to expect now.
KJReborn
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
don't worry you will be fine the assessments are designed for if you feel one assessment didn't go well during the day you can make up for it in another assessment.
(Original post by Bihani)
I have been to my Day 1 today, the time was too short to finish written test and video based test. I think I did well in VR and one of the interaction. I terribly missed the last para of written as it was a pen down order. I donot know what to expect now.
Bihani
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thank you KJReborn for encouraging words. It was life time experience and honestly my passion and respect grew more for police job now. Day 1 really gave me new insight what the real police job looks like, especially the role play one. The actors there deserve Oscar award, they are real real actor who make you feel as if you are dealing with real situation. If failed I will attempt another round, just love the way Met is enhancing this way.
(Original post by KJReborn)
don't worry you will be fine the assessments are designed for if you feel one assessment didn't go well during the day you can make up for it in another assessment.
ronageo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Jenv, If you don't mind I want to ask you about the VRT test for TDC, I was told that tomorrow I should receive the email with the test, but what should I expect from it? I`m really nervous and I want to do well. Thank you
Jesseagles09
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, Ive got my day 2 in a couple of weeks and im a bit worried. What did your medical involve and was the fitness hard?
Jesseagles09
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What did your day 2 assessment imvolve. Got mine in a few weeks, super nervous
(Original post by Appli12)
Hey, it took about 5 weeks for me to be invited to Day 3 after doing my Day 2
Eposdog
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can practice vrts online. Google it and try them out. They’re quite straightforward.

Day 2 - did you get the email attachments? Sometimes people don’t get them, but they tell you about the day. Medical checks height and weight, blood pressure, eyesight and hearing. Also goes through your medical form. Just to make sure you’re fit and we’ll enough for the role. Fingerprints taken, dna taken and drugs test sample taken.

Fitness test is a bleep test, warm up to level 3 then after a short break run to 5.4. 15m course. Everyone stresses about it, but it’s not difficult.
ronageo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
are the drug tests really accurate and precise or how long do they go back, because my day 2 is in a couple of days and a few weeks ago I was out at a party and some w**d was involved and now I`m stressed as f***? can anyone reply in this metter?
cyclomania
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ronageo)
are the drug tests really accurate and precise or how long do they go back, because my day 2 is in a couple of days and a few weeks ago I was out at a party and some w**d was involved and now I`m stressed as f***? can anyone reply in this metter?
They take a hair sample which goes back about three months I think.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Chrisiscandidate
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You have to eventually take it very hard and will have less chance to fail due to excessive amount of preparation. At least 6 PC or DC is not familiar with their role in the first place so the test should be naturally difficult yet challenging when solving problems with speed. In real life there will be harder challenges anyway. It is good to panic sometimes because it will wake you up from the comfort zone. Working for the police force is not about hiding in your comfort zone anyway..
ronageo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys,
regarding the VRT test, did you feel that 19 min is way to short to answer all 30 questions? I had to read a question at least two times and had nothing to do with police job in any way, how did you guys managed?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (38)
15.77%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (17)
7.05%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
7.05%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (26)
10.79%
Monster Munch (18)
7.47%
Pringles (64)
26.56%
Walkers Oven Baked Crisps (15)
6.22%
Walkers Beef and Onion (3)
1.24%
Thai Sweet Chili Sensations (43)
17.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise