The Student Room Group

Fell over

Rather embarassingly I fell over during a ballet lesson two days ago whilst en pointe. I've not been en pointe for very long so am still trying to build up my ankle strength etc and have just started dancing and running a lot more than I have been previosuly used to. It has swollen up a bit (although not a huge amount compared to injuries I've had before) and has started to bruise quite impressively. I've been icing it and resting it, had it on a pillow last night to try and keep it elevated etc but my pain level keeps increasing. I don't want to go to the walk in if I'm just going to be wasting their time but the pain is getting worse, walking is getting harder the more I try to walk on it and has kept me up at night for the last two nights despite taking painkillers. I kind of want to just assume that it is a sprain and to try and ignore it, but at the same time I don't want to leave it if it could be something worse? I get super paranoid that I will be wasting peoples time because in the past I have been told by healthcare professionals that I have been wasting time (when later my wrist turend out to be broken on two different occasions)
You’re not wasting anyone’s time if you attend the minor injuries unit. That’s what they are there for. It’s something that probably needs an X-ray.

Plus you’re doing all the right things so there is absolutely no reason for anyone to be annoyed with you.
Reply 2
Original post by Etomidate
You’re not wasting anyone’s time if you attend the minor injuries unit. That’s what they are there for. It’s something that probably needs an X-ray.

Plus you’re doing all the right things so there is absolutely no reason for anyone to be annoyed with you.

Thank you both :smile: I feel like I just constantly doubt everythig but I think I will have to get it checked over so will go down to the minor injurys unit when the open tomorrow to hopefully avoid a long wait before uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest