The Student Room Group

Swansea or Nottingham for GEM?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the quality of the GEM courses at Swansea vs Nottingham - I'm struggling to choose between the two. I've heard some great things about Swansea as it is a fairly new course and responds well to student feedback, however I don't know as much about Nottingham beyond what's on their official website. Does anyone have any insight into what might make either a better choice for GEM? Thanks!
Reply 1
I had interviews at both in 2016 (for 2017 entry). Swansea was my number 1 choice, I liked the spiral curriculum idea and the impressions I got from staff and students at the open day and interview were incredibly positive. Nottingham being PBL was a negative for me, GEM is hard enough with lots of guidance and lectures, so I really wasn't keen on PBL courses.

Unfortunately I didn't get in to Swansea (now 2nd year at Warwick) but from my own personal experiences I'd rank Swansea over Notts. The biggest downside for Swansea is how far away it is from most things. Aside from that, it's in a beautiful location and the area is cheap as chips for rent and such.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending