Finall call on the World's climate

Watch
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Interesting article, thoughts? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-45775309
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Interesting article, thoughts? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-45775309
Good article especially the graphs. I liked the one with the polar ice. Frightening.

I have a feeling people dont care and they will only do so when its too late. Not optimistic at all about the planets future and the big powers are too busy with trade wars or rubbishing the idea of global warming to be bothered to do anything. Its a shame they abandoned Kyoto.
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
I’m a skeptic.

Change is happening, but I think most of it is natural.

I’m more bothered about cleaning the earth up and making it sustainable such as plastics in the oceans, recycling properly and indeed doing SOME of the things this report mentions to do.

let’s talk about population
1800 1 billion
1900 2 billion
1980’s 5 billion
2018 over 7 billion
2050 11 billion

If you want to solve climate change we may not want to have an 11 times increase on what is our natural population.

Lastly the 3 big polluters are China, India and the USA.

If you can’t get them to do what’s needed I really can’t be bothered
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's going to take another generation for any meaningful action, considering that climate change hysteria only began in the 1980s. Those who entered the workforce before then are very likely to dismiss the idea of climate change since they were never told about it at school. And those include many powerful figures of today. Only when the millennial generation start taking positions of world power (likely in the mid 2020s) will anything be done
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by paul514)
I’m a skeptic.

Change is happening, but I think most of it is natural.

I’m more bothered about cleaning the earth up and making it sustainable such as plastics in the oceans, recycling properly and indeed doing SOME of the things this report mentions to do.

let’s talk about population
1800 1 billion
1900 2 billion
1980’s 5 billion
2018 over 7 billion
2050 11 billion

If you want to solve climate change we may not want to have an 11 times increase on what is our natural population.

Lastly the 3 big polluters are China, India and the USA.

If you can’t get them to do what’s needed I really can’t be bothered
To be fair I am with you, I am a bit skeptical, think it is more of a natural warming
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The overwhelming consensus on the dangers of climate change has been known for a couple of decades now, with scientists issuing increasingly dire warnings every year to fall on the mostly deaf ears of the corporation's and governments in the strongest position to correct the ship's course. I doubt this "final" warning is going to stir any urgency from them now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (641)
48.49%
No (681)
51.51%

Watched Threads