5.88%
Frozen Food (0)
0%
Drostina
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Do you tend to cook fresh? Order food from takeaway? Cook ready made/packaged food?

I personally have been cooking fresh food because not only does it taste so much better but it tends to be cheaper than ready made/takeaway food. But sometimes its nice having some pizza from Papa John's or Pizza Hut :drool:
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Steljoy)
Do you tend to cook fresh? Order food from takeaway? Cook ready made/packaged food?

I personally have been cooking fresh food because not only does it taste so much better but it tends to be cheaper than ready made/takeaway food. But sometimes its nice having some pizza from Papa John's or Pizza Hut :drool:
I always cook fresh, food is more enjoyable when you have prepared and cooked it yourself.
Drostina
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bio 7)
I always cook fresh, food is more enjoyable when you have prepared and cooked it yourself.
Couldn't have put it any better than that! Nice one :cute:
Paracosm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I try to cook fresh when I can as it's almost always better and so much healthier for you than additive-packed preprepared meals
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/media...7731226654.jpg
Drostina
Rep:
?
Classic Iceland :rofl::rofl:
Drostina
Rep:
?
Much more people have responded to fresh food than I expected!
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Always cook fresh food - tastes nicer and is healthier. Although sometimes I do feel like just getting a takeaway or ready meal, but I rarely let myself because I know I have perfectly good ingredients at home.
DoritoEvie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We cook fresh in our household. It's cheaper and you get to choose what exactly goes in your food, making it a lot healthier. My significant other is also on a diet plan so he can only eat specific foods... only way to ensure it's right is to cook.
Drostina
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Always cook fresh food - tastes nicer and is healthier. Although sometimes I do feel like just getting a takeaway or ready meal, but I rarely let myself because I know I have perfectly good ingredients at home.
Haha I agree, its sometimes nice to get food at a takeaway, although I must say, the longer I cook fresh food, the more I hesitate to go out for food or order in food! I must say, I still love the Pizza from popular American chains though!
(Original post by DoritoEvie)
We cook fresh in our household. It's cheaper and you get to choose what exactly goes in your food, making it a lot healthier. My significant other is also on a diet plan so he can only eat specific foods... only way to ensure it's right is to cook.
A household that cooks fresh, brilliant!!
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you tend to cook fresh? Order food from takeaway? Cook ready made/packaged food? (...)
I am cooking fresh foods with fresh ingredients as a rule. I really enjoy the time to make foods by myself. If I am walking thorugh a city or have hardly time to cook, I also order foods in a takeaway.

By the way, the picture you have chosen is fine and is appetizing! :drool:
WaffleApple
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The last time i cooked a meal was back in 2014, not even exaggerating.

I eat mostly ready made, packaged food. M&S microwave meal most nights and for breakfast i have 2 x porridge pots each with a scoop of protein powder in.

I eat lots of other food in the day but its mostly packaged stuff.

Accept for having a destroyed thyroid, I'm pretty healthy! I think
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mostly fresh food- it's cheaper, usually tastes better, often supports small family run local businesses and is a lot safer for friends with allergies.
I do like a few special occasion meals in Pizza Hut or the Cinnamon Club.
Amazing-
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Fresh food
Killerpenguin15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Usually I have a mix, trying to cut down on takeaway right now however. I buy sauce jars such as curry/bolognese and buy the meat fresh. Can we have an option for frozen please? I live mostly out of my freezer as most days I will usually cook up frozen breaded fillets to have with some chips (also frozen!). Plus I'm a real foodie when it comes to ice cream also!

I've also started investing in Protein supplements from MyProtein too as I'm currently trying to shed some pounds and gain muscle. So my diet now very much consists of high protein foods alongside this and I intend to reduce my carbohydrate intake in the future.
velvethopes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've been living on everything fresh and from scratch (minus pasta - who has the time for making pasta from scratch?) bc I find cooking so much fun and a good way to procrastinate all of my other responsibilities, however for the past week I've fallen into a slump of only eating the cheapest instant noodles I can find. Definitely feel a lot more sluggish though.
WaffleApple
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you had bloods taken to check your thyroid?

I only found out my thyroid was basically screwed the other day. Doctor had been ignoring my dizziness and disorentation for months. So i paid for bloods to be taken and the results was fairly bad lol. TSH 100, prolactin 500, free T4 8.3. Testosterone pretty low too... All in all means thyroid is failing i think. Got to try and get a doctors appointment tomorrow lol.

But yeah if you haven't had your thyroid bloods checked then insist on it!
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pretty much just make curries. From scratch, like. Quick, easy, tasty.

I'm not averse to a takeaway but it is probably only once a fortnight.
WaffleApple
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah TSH is 100, not a typo! I feel a bit zombified to be honest, barely moving around most days. My average day is get up, eat breakfast, drag myself to the gym, get home, sit on the couch for 5-6 hours on the laptop. Then walk the dog for a hour and back to the couch for the rest of the evening. Think I've handed in 1 assignment in 3 months on my access to nursing course!

This was my latest blood result - https://imgur.com/a/yIF098S

Very interesting levels, your T is super low for sure. What dosage TRT protocol have they put you on? You will feel incredible after getting a few of them shots. It can take a few weeks for the testosterone to accumulate and really feel the effects though.

I feel that diet definitely plays a role in thyroid and general hormone issues. Because even though i look great and I'm not fat on the outside i still consume silly amounts of takeaway food and junk in all honesty. Have done the same for years. Preservatives, colourings, flavourings its debatable just how much damage some of these do to the body. So I'm sure fresh for sure would at least help prevent lots of these problems. But considering getting off the couch is a major hassle right now I'm not planning to start cooking from fresh anytime soon! Lol.

I'm sure that my previous steroid cycles haven't exactly helped (Testosterone up to 800mg every week in most cycles) But my thyroid was functioning normally after my last cycle as I had it checked. So its all a bit of a mystery. Although as said, I'm sure diet really does not help!
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Much more people have responded to fresh food than I expected!
Sounds that you are astonished. Be glad that so many people seem to appreciate self-made food in good quality and with a good taste. Like me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (293)
60.41%
Yes- I don't like it (23)
4.74%
No- I want it (134)
27.63%
No- I don't want it (35)
7.22%

Watched Threads