Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have a while until I am ready for uni however I went to an open day to check out other universities around me in different cities. There is one I want to go to in Manchester and Leicester however when I brought up the topic to my parents they both shut me out automatically and said the uni in my city are “good enough” and that people who are “hard working” can get a degree from any “uni.”They don’t bare in mind that it looks better on CV’s and also overall it is one of the best for my course of choice. (Which is law and criminology.) Manchester has the university of law and Leicester have just an overall good uni.
Lani_5678
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
At the end of the day its not up to your parents what uni you choose to go to. If your heart is set on it then go for it. Your parents will hopefully soon realise that you really want this. I had a similar experience to you. My parents wanted me to stay close to them however ive started at a Uni which is about 2hrs away from home because it was something that i really wanted to do. My parents at first werent happy about but there was nothing they could do cause i chose it. In the end it turned out to be just fine.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Lani_5678)
At the end of the day its not up to your parents what uni you choose to go to. If your heart is set on it then go for it. Your parents will hopefully soon realise that you really want this. I had a similar experience to you. My parents wanted me to stay close to them however ive started at a Uni which is about 2hrs away from home because it was something that i really wanted to do. My parents at first werent happy about but there was nothing they could do cause i chose it. In the end it turned out to be just fine.
Hopefully mine turns out the same way thanks x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (94)
28.23%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.21%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.62%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.91%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
30.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed