Lancaster or Manchester for PPE for insurance?

Watch
simplicity30
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
PPE = Philosophy, politics and economics

Which university would be a better choice and why?

Thank you!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by simplicity30)
is there anything that is particularly important to you in a university?
simplicity30
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
is there anything that is particularly important to you in a university?
It would mostly be the quality of teaching, as well as the social life and environment.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It would mostly be the quality of teaching, as well as the social life and environment.
Lancaster is a big town whereas as manchester is a big city so although both have plenty of places for nights out , manchester is much bigger. Have you visited either? It'd be easily possible to see both in one day as it's not a bad drive
simplicity30
Rep:
?
Lancaster is a big town whereas as manchester is a big city so although both have plenty of places for nights out , manchester is much bigger. Have you visited either? It'd be easily possible to see both in one day as it's not a bad drive
Oh alright. Unfortunately, i’m an international student so I have only been to London and Bath in the UK. I wouldn’t mind both environments from what you said, but I would like to know how the teaching quality is like too. Thank you!
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh alright. Unfortunately, i’m an international student so I have only been to London and Bath in the UK. I wouldn’t mind both environments from what you said, but I would like to know how the teaching quality is like too. Thank you!
Look up their national student survey results although they can be quite subjective.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You really dont want to live that far in northern england, its quite isolated a bit poor and weather is crap. Your also farrrr away from anything in lancaster, its village living.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lancaster plently of nights out? Big city?...horrible information no offense.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Lancaster plently of nights out? Big city?...horrible information no offense.
She is saying Lancaster is a big town (technically it's a city of 140,000 people) while Manchester is a big city, and while Lancaster has plenty of places for a night out Manchester has more. That's hardly 'horrible advice'.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
She is saying Lancaster is a big town (technically it's a city of 140,000 people) while Manchester is a big city, and while Lancaster has plenty of places for a night out Manchester has more. That's hardly 'horrible advice'.
Lancaster doesn't really have plenty of places for a night out compared to nottingham, leeds, manchester, london really almost anywhere in the country lol. Its in the middle of nowhere.
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
PPE = Philosophy, politics and economics

Thank you!
Hi there,

It is great to hear you are considering your options and I understand the difficulty if you have not been able to visit either University.

As a current student I think you have made an excellent decision considering Lancaster University. I am very happy here and am enjoying my course and living in Lancaster. There is always lots going on both on campus thanks to the 9 colleges that provide a great community feel and in the city.

Academically I am so pleased to be studying at a Top 10 University. As a Management School student I can tell you first hand how fantastic the support is. From dedicated careers support to academic advisors and fantastic lecturers, coupled with great societies, in my opinion it is a great place to study and gear you up for life after University.

I would suggest having another look at course outlines, official websites and virtual tours for both Universities to ensure you make the right choice as after all you will be spending a few years of your life in your chosen place. The links for Lancaster Universities official pages can be found here:

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/und...-ba-hons-l0v0/

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/virtual-open-day/

If you have any specific questions about Lancaster University then please get in touch!

Good luck!

Rebecca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (196)
43.85%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (50)
11.19%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.83%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (94)
21.03%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.51%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed