More than 7,000 University of Birmingham students volunteer every year

Watch
Poll: Do you take part in volunteering activities to support your community?
Yes (1)
100%
No (0)
0%
Spirithorse
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

A group of students called the Lloyds Scholars carried out 11 community projects over the course of the last academic year, including supporting patients at West Heath Hospital, working with adults with learning disabilities and maintaining community gardens in a variety of areas. The scholars’ degrees are supported by Lloyds Banking Group, and volunteering is part of the agreement they make with the organisation.

The Lloyds Scholars won the University of Birmingham Guild Award for Outstanding Local Impact and recently won the Lloyds Banking Group Volunteering Award.

Do you volunteer? If so, what do you do and why? Shout about the wonderful things you do here!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Spirithorse)
The scholars’ degrees are supported by Lloyds Banking Group
To me that's not fully volunteering. I'm sure they're doing really great stuff, but if there incentivised by money I don't class it as volunteering. Sorry.
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
To me that's not fully volunteering. I'm sure they're doing really great stuff, but if there incentivised by money I don't class it as volunteering. Sorry.
Yeah, the credit has to go to Lloyds and the scheme itself. It's helping people from lower incomes access education, as well as providing labour to community projects free of charge.
limetang
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Spirithorse)

A group of students called the Lloyds Scholars carried out 11 community projects over the course of the last academic year, including supporting patients at West Heath Hospital, working with adults with learning disabilities and maintaining community gardens in a variety of areas. The scholars’ degrees are supported by Lloyds Banking Group, and volunteering is part of the agreement they make with the organisation.

The Lloyds Scholars won the University of Birmingham Guild Award for Outstanding Local Impact and recently won the Lloyds Banking Group Volunteering Award.

Do you volunteer? If so, what do you do and why? Shout about the wonderful things you do here!
So, they’ve been paid to do that? So that’s not volunteering?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (111)
27.89%
No (287)
72.11%

Watched Threads